Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How is this offensive? ETA

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM
  • 114 Replies
I posted on my Facebook talking about how I don't understand why people just hand their teenagers a car just because they can drive and how I think it's stupid.... Then one of my friends started commenting saying how what I said was offensive because some teens need a car... Yes I know there are sometimes those circumstances where a teen needs a car but more often than not they don't NEED a car and I was talking about handing them a car just because they can drive... So apparently I'm offensive because I don't think it's right for someone to hand their teenager a car just because they can drive...

I am done responding to people because it is pointless. There's so much I could say and would like to say but it's not worth my time or energy. So have a nice night I have college midterms to take this evening :) I will no longer be looking at this post or anyone's comments.
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM
10 moms liked this

Aren't you like 17?

anyotherday
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:04 PM
2 moms liked this

You sound a little bitter

emmypaige
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Well what's the problem with getting your teenager a car when they can drive? I don't think it's offensive, just a non-issue.
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Not offensive IMO.
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
My sister is going on 21 and still doesnt ha e her own car. I think its ridiculous too
3lilmonsters88
by Carolina Sky on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
4 moms liked this
Its not offensive its just none of your business what someone else does with their kids. *shrugs*
meg0620
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Eh. My dad gave me a car when I was 17. And another one when I was 18.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

Not offensive IMO.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM
9 moms liked this
It the WAY you said it. You called people STUPID for somthing that is none of you business, and yes that can be offensive.
beerabitch69
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

my kids will get one when they can drive.  I got one. I don't care what you think.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)