Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i'm afraid in need of advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
I'm afraid that when my daughters dad finds out i'm pregnant him and his wife are going to try taking our three year old from me.

My daughters dad got married when she turned a year his own mother didn't know he'd gotten married. His wife is 23 and she does not like me but is head over heels in love with our 3 year old daughter.......he has mentioned she told him she wants a daughter a mixed one i'm 1/2 white 1/2 black dd's dad is black, his wife has told him she doesn't want a child by him because of his race.

He has been asking me for the longest when i will have another baby i'm constantly telling him to mind his own business because my body is none of his concern. His response is because iam the mother of his child it is his concern.

I told my mom but asked her not to tell dd's dad because i'm afraid if they find out i'm pregnant again they will file for full custody of dd. I love dd more than anything and she loves me and is excited that she's going to have a lil brother or sister in 9 mos.

Any advice on how to keep my pregnancy from him until i have the baby? For the record the baby isn't dd's dads he and i haven't been together since i was pregnant for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Is there any reason why a court would find you unfit to care for your 3 yr old? If not, I wouldn't worry about it. They can't just take her becuase you are having another baby. 

rwcw89
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM

he wont get custody just because your preg by another guy, or you can hit him first for full custodybefore he can even try it. is his name on the birth certificate to begin with? its none of his business as long as your child is taken care of. 

jteffs
by Silver Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM

I don't understand why having another baby would make him think he could get custody?

ednaanderson
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM

just because you have another child doesn't mean that they can take your daughter away.  they have to prove you to be an unfit mother. even if they want to say that they can do better for her than you can, they have to prove it. i don't have any advice on how to keep it a secret, and i wouldn't. if you do, i would think there's something fishy going on. good luck.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know how you are going to hide it. You say your dd is excited and she is going to blab about it to him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM

You, my dear, are a complete idiot if you believe that he can take your daughter away from you just because you have another child. Please stop breeding. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:20 AM
I didn't ask for insults i asked for advice if you didn't have any to give stfu.........

Quoting Anonymous:

You, my dear, are a complete idiot if you believe that he can take your daughter away from you just because you have another child. Please stop breeding. 

Schauseil
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:23 AM
Well you are stupid. Just saying....

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't ask for insults i asked for advice if you didn't have any to give stfu.........

Quoting Anonymous:

TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM
A judge will not grant him full custody because you're having another child.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:25 AM

Unless  you   are  living  in a dump there is now  way  he should be able to  get her.  Why  doesn't  she h ave  her own kid?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)