Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Help!!! My daughter is a liar

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
So my daughter is 4 yrs old and she lies about everything.. It's getting really frustrating.. Does anyone have an suggestions on how I can get her to stop lying.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Might not be the most popular answer but I've heard lying to them fixes the problem rather quickly. Tell her that you're going to do something awesome this weekend, get her super excited to go, and then let her know at the moment that you're supposed to leave that you lied. I guess you're supposed to use it as a learning experience. I don't know if my 4 year old would really "get" that though but she's also not at the lying stage yet either.

ivy801
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:45 PM

no but let me know to, mine's not that bad but I fear when she realizes how easy it is to lie.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:46 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

Might not be the most popular answer but I've heard lying to them fixes the problem rather quickly. Tell her that you're going to do something awesome this weekend, get her super excited to go, and then let her know at the moment that you're supposed to leave that you lied. I guess you're supposed to use it as a learning experience. I don't know if my 4 year old would really "get" that though but she's also not at the lying stage yet either.

I ll give it a try.. What do I have to lose?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:07 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:08 PM
2 moms liked this

ALL 4 YEAR OLDS ARE LIARS

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this

She's 5 - lying to HER is different than to an older child or adult.

Quit asking questions she could lie about "did you clean your room", "did you go potty", did you make this mess, you get the idea.  Instead, say it as fact - I know you didn't go potty yet, so you need to go now.  And so on.

proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:10 PM
I wish I could help...my 7yr old lies and has been for years. My 4yr old is right behind her -_- Ug!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:11 PM
1 mom liked this
Well my 4 yr lies makes me and her father fight and people think I abuse my daughter when I dnt.. It's getting out of hand.. I don't understand why she has to lie
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 6, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Quoting Not_A_Native:

She's 5 - lying to HER is different than to an older child or adult.

Quit asking questions she could lie about "did you clean your room", "did you go potty", did you make this mess, you get the idea.  Instead, say it as fact - I know you didn't go potty yet, so you need to go now.  And so on.

She's making stuff up.. Like at school saying someone hit her when they obviously didn't because they are in another class and the class are never together.. She told her dad that my bf hit her that's how she got a bump on her head.. When she fell trying to grab a balloon.. I saw her fall.. So I don't why she lied.. She cause all types of problems for no reason
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)