Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what would you do if your teenage son got a girl pregnant?

Posted by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 124 Replies
everyone always asks what would you do if your daughter got pregnant as a teen but what would if your son got a girl pregnant as a teenager.

I would let him know that he made the baby so he will be responsible. I would make him get a job. and I would also make it clear to the girl that the child is my grandchild and regardless of my son how involved he wants to be. I want to be a part in not only the baby's life but helping her succeed and graduate high school.
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Cry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
axandra85
by Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM
would you expect him to help out?

Quoting Mrs-Somerhalder:

Cry.

kristen0812
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I'd be very upset but my support would be no less than it would be if if were my own daughter.
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this

My son was 18 when his girlfriend got pregnant. I honestly didn't do anything. By the time they told us they'd been to the doctor, put together a plan, and were in the process of putting the plan together. They did a great job. They are now married, in school, working and supporting themselves, have their own house, and are expecting baby number 2 next month! Our granddaughter wasn't planned but I am damn proud of how they took care of things and where they are and I adore my granddaughter!

HumanBeing
by on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
Cry and then tell him to man up while offering free babysitting while the teen parents were at work or school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd do the same whether it was my son or daughter. If they wanted to be a parent, I'd do my best to help them. If they weren't ready to be a parent, I wouldn't force them, be it abortion, adoption or signing away their rights. In the case of unplanned pregnancies, each party should get to choose if they're ready to be responsible for a child. It's not fair to force a teenage boy to be a dad if the teenage girl can abort or give the baby up.
.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM

He'd help take care of & support it.

I would spoil it rotten. 

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM
3 moms liked this

He'd be in a shit load of hurt.

BekahBrownEyes
by NoLies on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:33 PM
After kicking his ass for not being responsible? I would make him step up & support her decision. If she kept it I would fully expect him to support his child. He wouldn't get to walk away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 6, 2013 at 11:34 PM
Move away. He wouldn't sign for any birth certificate. He would also be under lock and key when we did move.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN