Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would this annoy you wives?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I had an argument with my husband today. My sister lives in Mexico and we were talking about her wedding in November 2014. We have the means to travel there. Money isn't a problem.

We traveled to Mexico for his brother's wedding a year ago in December 2012. We cancel our vacations for that. I didn't like it but is his brother, so I agreed to it.

Now, he has two sisters. They both had a Quinceanera party in Mexico. (One in 2005, and one in 2007) At the time, we had put papers in for my residency, so I couldn't get out of the country. His mom kept pushing for him to go, because he is a big brother.

The first time in 2005 money was tight so he refused. His mom told him that she would pay his ticket to go, but he couldn't miss work.

In 2007 money was finally ok, but the party was going to be 3 days after I delivered our baby girl. (Mind my MIL IS CONTROLING and wasn't going to trow a party for her, instead she was going to bring her to vacations here and give her money for a new wardrobe, but then magically decided to trow her a party and again magically decided that my due date was the best date to do so, even thought her bday was 3 months earlier)

I wanted him to be with his baby sister, (Not because of my MIL but my sister in law is such a sweetheart and I know her since she was 3!) so I bought him a "surprise ticket" to go and stay a week. My delivery was natural, so I figure I could manage just fine. I asked a friend to help me in case I needed and she said yes. But again, he refused to go. He decided to change the ticket date for a later date and ended up loosing the ticket.

Well fall forward today 6 years later... We were talking about my sister's wedding next November. My sister and her fiancee were having problems, and my sister suggested they might not be getting married after all. And when I told this to my husband this is the conversation we had:

DH: We don't have to go to their wedding anymore.

ME: Well if they don't have a wedding, we cant go even if we want to.

DH: If they do end up getting married, you can go by yourself.

ME: (confused) Why by myself? (DH, DD13,DD12,DD6 and I are in the wedding party)

DH: Because only you are "required".

ME: Hu?... you are my family and all of you are in the wedding party so ALL of you are required as well.

DH: (Raising his voice) Yeah? well, let's put all the cards in the table, I wanted to go to my sister's party (in 2007!) and I didn't!

Me: Are you talking about 2007?

DH: Yes. I didn't got to go. (remember the plane tickets I bought him?)

Me: (I remind him about the tickets, and how HE refused to go)

Isn't that childish and annoying???? I swear I thought I was speaking to a 5 freaking year old!!!! I mean, come on! 6 years later and you just decide to complain about something YOU decided to do?? I'm almost sure he didn't remember about the airplane tickets, because when I reminded him, he started mumbling and trying to find some sort of excuse that I had misunderstand him.

My husband isn't one to hold grudges. I wonder if his mom has been putting things in his head, but regardless, he is not a baby anymore. He needs to be responsible for his own words. Do your husbands bring up things from far away times??? Doesn't that annoy you??

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
CassaNova
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:40 AM
Hmm you better tell his ass he's going or else. He'll go
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 4:51 AM

Oh I told him that.   We got to go to his brother's wedding, last year, so I dont see why we wouldn't go to my sister's this year.  I told him, both, his brother and my sister are equally important.

He was just trowing a fist! For God's sake he is freaking 34!! toddler tantrum

Quoting CassaNova:

Hmm you better tell his ass he's going or else. He'll go

mushki
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You need to set his ass straight and cut mommy's cord. For real. Or you're going to be pushed out by her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 6:56 AM

I did got him straight. That woman has some ideas!  I told him clear and simple that we were going to my sister wedding period.  And that he wasnt going to trow a fist like a little boy. He started making excuses that he did not said what he said, but I told him that he was acting just like his mommy.  Saying something stupid and then pretending they didnt say it and act like if I was the one causing the problem, and then acting like victims. I told him that, that wasn't acceptable behavior and I left to my office to avoid any more confrontation. The whole time he is raising his voice and Im as calm as I can be, because I know if I get pissed all hell will break loose AND my 6 year old was in the yard so I wasnt going to scare her.     About half an hr later he knock on the door and said he was sorry.  I wonder if he had realized how stupid he was being!  ugh!  

points for him, is that in the 14 years we have been married, he has only done this twice.  But it doesnt make it less immature anyway!

Quoting mushki:

You need to set his ass straight and cut mommy's cord. For real. Or you're going to be pushed out by her.

LilliesValley
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:00 AM
No dh doesn't do stuff like that. It would be annoying. You don't keep score in marriage imo.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:11 AM
I agree. Things happen the way they happen. You can't keep score.

Quoting LilliesValley:

No dh doesn't do stuff like that. It would be annoying. You don't keep score in marriage imo.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:22 AM

I dont keep score.  I just have a great memory!  haha  ok, I keep score. smh

Quoting LilliesValley:

Supervane
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:27 AM
How does one even.loose plane tickets...?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)