Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Patience has worn thin

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
I have a roommate staying with me until she can find a house to rent. She is going through a divorce. Well anyways her 4 year old is so disrespectful an doesnt listen and back talks. Now i know the gruesome history and i know this 4yr old has been through more than some adults. So i do know sone of this is her acting out because her attitude is the only thing she can controle. Im trying to be patient with her learning the house rules. Her mom is trying to work with her, but my patience have run thin and the way this child is speaking to her mother, my kids would have been popped. She beeds councelling to help deal with her past, but the soon to be ex has cancelled the insurance on her an so now my roommate is trying to get her on the state insurance but doesnt have the needed documents on hand that they are telling her she needs.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 7:54 AM
Could you sit down and talk with mom? If the child was yours, what would you do? Popping the mouth, or even time out every time she talks back. Imo, just because a child goes through really bad stuff (been there, done that with ds- it was hell)... doesn't give the child a right to behave poorly. She just needs to be taught more appropriate ways to 'control' her attitude/the things that happen around her. Like if ds talks back, he ultimately chooses that Friday night family night doesn't happen. That means his regular bedtime, no staying up, no dinner of his choice, etc

Good luck momma, to you and your friend
steph0420
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 8:03 AM
1 mom liked this

When I desperately needed counseling but had no insurance I started looking around online for help and was told that counselors basically take an oath to help anybody in need of counseling no matter what. (At least those who are truly good people that care) anyway, I was told to simply reach out to counselors in my area. Call/email, whatever and just explain my story, what's going on and how I really needed help. Well right away I heard back from an office offering to let me see 'student' counselor, who is just someone who's finished their schooling they just need their 'experience hours' or w.e they're called I can't think of the word. Anyway, they let me see him completely free bc of how badly I needed the help.  So my suggestion is to have her mom contact counselor offices in the area and explain what's going on, how badly her daughter needs help and I'm sure, especially considering its for a child, she'll be able to find it.

Hope this helps :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN