Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do you believe couples with special needs children should limit the amount of kids they have

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 532 Replies
2 moms liked this

we have two autistic and yes they can be very challenging but we love and adore them. we made a comment the other day at a family get together about how we were thinking of trying for another and had a family member very blatantly say something along the lines

but you already have 2 autistic children what if you have another why would you even want to risk that!

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babyspots17
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
37 moms liked this

Depending on the severity of the disability yes I do think they should limit the amount of children. 

3JuJu3
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM
38 moms liked this

Personally, I wouldn't want more than two kids at all.  I think anyone who has the capacity and desire to have more children should do what they want.  If you're able to care for your children and want more, then go for it. 

CuriousArentYa
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:40 AM
6 moms liked this

We have two high functioning kids with autism. We have two very normal very average kids also. 

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM
19 moms liked this

I have three "typical" kids and got custody of my sn stepson...hell yes I would limit the amount of kids...if my ss had been my first, the others would not have happened. They resent him because we cant do typical thing because he cant behave, and we cannot get a babysitter for him because no one will watch him...he resents us because of the same...we have to pay more attention to him so the others feel neglected..it's really not fair to any of them

Mtdewwid
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
4 moms liked this
3rd time is a charm mamma! Enjoy your family.

My brother had two children with health problems, one just a cosmetic issue, one an undiagnosed.birth defect who passed away. They wanted to try for a.third and our grandmother blatantly said, "Seconds is thirds you know" They had a beautiful daughter over a year ago with NO issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:45 AM
16 moms liked this

Quoting Mtdewwid:

3rd time is a charm mamma! Enjoy your family.

My brother had two children with health problems, one just a cosmetic issue, one an undiagnosed.birth defect who passed away. They wanted to try for a.third and our grandmother blatantly said, "Seconds is thirds you know" They had a beautiful daughter over a year ago with NO issues.

what does that even mean?

lavagirl27
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM
3 moms liked this
Its you and your dhs decision, no other opinions need once you can afford it, if you can not afford it then a different matter.
Erica705
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM
31 moms liked this
If I had a special needs child, I would limit how many children I had. Not because I wouldn't want to risk having another kid that isn't 'perfect' though. I just feel I'd be able to give better care to my special needs child if I had more time and energy to focus on them.
aiyess
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting babyspots17:

Depending on the severity of the disability yes I do think they should limit the amount of children. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 11:47 AM
19 moms liked this

I believe people should limit the number of children they have regardless of the special needs aspect. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN