Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ADHD?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Pleases explain what this is to me. I keep seeing it posted and everyone argues about it on here!
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Bump
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It means a child has trouble paying attention and or paying attention/doing tasks for long periods of time
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:25 PM

You really don't know what it is? Are you from America?

It's Attention Defecate Hyperactive Disorder (I think). It's basically when you can't sit still or focus on anything. My husband has it, and I have ADD. Thankfully we have both outgrown it, for the most part. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

cajun_lady_swla
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:27 PM
In a nutshell it is a "disorder" of the brain that makes it very hard to stay focused on anything, unless it is something that the particular person finds really interesting. Then they have a tendency to become so immersed in that particular thing that everything else going on is shut out like it doesn't exist. Many become fidgety or incessantly talkative as a result of the lack of focus, but not all. Some just space out.

This is a very general overview, but you get the picture. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
So it's ADD? I've always heard of ADD but not really ADHD . I was just asking geez! Rude much?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

It's Attention Defecate Hyperactive Disorder (I think). It's basically when you can't sit still or focus on anything. My husband has it, and I have ADD. Thankfully we have both outgrown it, for the most part. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Thanks for explaing :)

Quoting cajun_lady_swla:

In a nutshell it is a "disorder" of the brain that makes it very hard to stay focused on anything, unless it is something that the particular person finds really interesting. Then they have a tendency to become so immersed in that particular thing that everything else going on is shut out like it doesn't exist. Many become fidgety or incessantly talkative as a result of the lack of focus, but not all. Some just space out.

This is a very general overview, but you get the picture. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Thank you :)

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. It means a child has trouble paying attention and or paying attention/doing tasks for long periods of time
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:35 PM
No problem. My older brother has it. He cant hold a job cause he cant focus enough to complete the tasks assigned

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you :)

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

cajun_lady_swla
by Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:41 PM
The new school of thought seems to be that it is allll ADHD now (which I disagree with, personally). But when my generation was younger you could be either ADD( attention deficit disorder), or ADHD (Attention Deficit HYPERACTIVITY Disorder). The difference between the two was the amount of fidgety, pent up energy you had, or didn't have. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

So it's ADD? I've always heard of ADD but not really ADHD . I was just asking geez! Rude much?

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)