Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Bullying or being bullied?

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 75 Replies

My ds is 9, he's in 4th grade. He is being bullied at school. It started saying he smelled bad, his shoes, clothes, ext. so I go and get him new stuff and he gets fancy new guy deodorant and shower gel. He gets a relaxing mint bath in the morning once a week because apparently the daily showers in the morning aren't working. By the way I've smelled my child and he DOESN'T smell! 

Well my son is now being picked on for his shoes. Some doc marten boots. I told him to stick up for himself since the teachers obviously aren't doing anything. I've talked to the principal and his teachers, DAILY. Nothing was done.

This morning at 9 a.m I get a call from the principal saying my son was hit in the face. While my son was walking to school this kid was picking on his shoes again, he was telling my son that his shoes were gay. So, my son started copying what this kid was saying. Now here is the only part I don't agree with that my son did, he called the other child's mother a fat nigger. Now again this kid had told my son his mom "me" was fat and other things but skin color wasn't brought in. So, they were both saying mean things. I don't agree with what my son said and I told him and the principal that. Well, this kid then punched my child in the face. My son did not hit him back. This kid started everything with his friends he was walking with. So, the principal sat both of these kids in an isolation classroom. 

I decided against it and I picked my son up. He is now at home with me. Now the question is, what do I do now? I'm going to either walk/ drive him to school everyday and pick him up. I'm just so shocked that nothing more is being done to this other child who has been bullying my son for the past week. These boys were friends before the rest of his classroom starting picking on my son a few weeks ago. I feel so helpless.

Let me edit this for some women.

I did talk to my son about using that word. The taking him out of school was NOT because he used that word or because he was being punished for using that word.

He was being punished at school for being in a physical fight, NOT for the word he used. My son will be dealt with accordingly by myself and his dad when his dad gets home from work about using that word.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT WORD, THIS IS ABOUT THE BULLYING THAT HAS BEEN HAPPENING THE PAST FEW WEEKS AND THE PHYSICAL ALTERCATION IT ENDED IN TODAY. AGAIN, MY SON WILL BE DEALT WITH HOW WE FEEL FIT WHEN MY HUSBAND GETS HOME FROM WORK. THIS IS A JOINT DISCUSSION AND PUNISHMENT.

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fstysxofthebtt
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:44 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM

i was told if it was off school grounds nothing could be done.. i live 4 block from the school and i had to drive him every morning and pick him up everyday.. because he was been bullied. we even tried sending him with a cell phone just in case. that didn't help.. he is still getting bullied but the school keeps turning a blind eye.. sad to say but hes not the only one i found out.. 

www.change.org/petitions/justice-for-zachary-who-was-belittled-and-bullied-by-principal-schaal

this is in the only middle school here.. 

i have called the school board and they said i was lieing and all that this is in there K-5 grade school that my son is in.. not the middle school.. 

Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Oh shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Homeschool
fstysxofthebtt
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Yeah the thing is, is that this incident happened off of school grounds and yet he got put into an isolation room at school.

Quoting Anonymous:

i was told if it was off school grounds nothing could be done.. i live 4 block from the school and i had to drive him every morning and pick him up everyday.. because he was been bullied. we even tried sending him with a cell phone just in case. that didn't help.. he is still getting bullied but the school keeps turning a blind eye.. sad to say but hes not the only one i found out.. 

www.change.org/petitions/justice-for-zachary-who-was-belittled-and-bullied-by-principal-schaal

this is in the only middle school here.. 

i have called the school board and they said i was lieing and all that this is in there K-5 grade school that my son is in.. not the middle school.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:51 PM

I am sorry that your son is going through all of this.  My oldest dealt with bullying from 1st  through 4th grade.   We spoke with the principal several times, spoke with the district, and finally after the bully threatening his life we went to the police department.   In order to resolve the situation, we ended up changing schools because the principal did nothing!!!

fstysxofthebtt
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I will have to look into. I've looked into it before but I just couldn't grasp it. I didn't have the patience for it. But now I think I will look into again. I just don't want to isolate him from kids his own age.

Quoting Anonymous:

Homeschool

suzanneyea
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:52 PM

New shoes?

fstysxofthebtt
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I'm looking at different schools. I have to have permission from the registar at his current school in order to change him though. They have to find a school that has room or something like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry that your son is going through all of this.  My oldest dealt with bullying from 1st  through 4th grade.   We spoke with the principal several times, spoke with the district, and finally after the bully threatening his life we went to the police department.   In order to resolve the situation, we ended up changing schools because the principal did nothing!!!

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Reality is no matter how hard we try to get rid of bullying it will always be, sad as it is I seen my own share of bullies in the workplace, church, etc...all I can tell you is teach your son how to deal with those bullies and make sure he has a good sense of cconfidence and self esteem to handle them. Hugs momma
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN