Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone use the golden rule anymore??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
1 mom liked this

Or is this a lost cause?   I can honestly say that I really do try to give people the benefit of the doubt and try to treat others as I would like to be treated.  I try to teach this to my daughter, but I feel like I'm the only one.   Good old fashioned values.  If you want something, work for it.   Don't expect handouts.  Respect others around you.  Is all this just...dead?   Does anyone else believe in this anymore?   How differently our society would be if people just had more respect; both for themselves and for others.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilyG10
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
I do, it's hard sometimes people can be real jerks.
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:51 PM
1 mom liked this

that would require removing the government and all politicians....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM

..and burning their bodies so no evil can still turn back into people..

Quoting thetrollcat:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I was just thinking this morning that my kids might be better off if I taught them to be entitled brats because that's the only way to get ahead.  Not that I would actually do that, but I worry how they will do in the world since it seems no one else follows the golden rule.

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

..and burning their bodies so no evil can still turn back into people..

Quoting thetrollcat:

Hippie.Gypsy
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:53 PM
I try to when I go out or someone needs help...although I've learned more often than not people are only around when they need help but vanish when you do.
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
I'll teach my son to treat everyone as equals. Even if people are rude to you, you never ever stoop. It makes you just as bad.
I read once that a good man treats is inferiors as equals, his equals as superior, and his superiors as "god"
dbrown1989
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I follow it. I run a work experience program for developmentally diabled adults and that is the #1 thing I try to get across to them. That and respect for each other whether or not they like each other.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM

thats what i was just talking with my hubby about....its like, do we play the game and get ahead?  or do we actually live by morals and standards and have dignity but have to work twice as hard to get half as far?   its so depressing...   (we chose to get half as far, btw   hehe)

Quoting Anonymous:

I was just thinking this morning that my kids might be better off if I taught them to be entitled brats because that's the only way to get ahead.  Not that I would actually do that, but I worry how they will do in the world since it seems no one else follows the golden rule.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Everyone I know still believes these things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)