Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People that watch daytime soaps are bored, uneducated and stupid.......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 67 Replies

Ok I do not feel this way. And yes, I record one and watch it either late at night or early the next day right after kids go to school. 

However, I had several people tell me they just "can't believe that there are people that still watch that crap" and that they  "must be bored, uneducated, stupid, etc" if they do. I sit in silence to avoid judgement. 

So I guess my secret confession is that yes, I watch my soap !!!!!  (I am a SAHM actively looking for work, have a 4 yr degree, and hope I am not stupid!)

Anyone else watch any DT soaps?  Why or why not?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SciFiMama91
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I don't but my grandma does. She may very well be bored but she's far from uneducated or stupid.

suzanneyea
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I did not know they were still on!

kns2004
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't watch that mindless shit, however I don't frown on people that do!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My mil who owns a law firm is an avid soap watcher. I don't know the name but it comes on weekly at 1 pm on NBC. She takes a 1 hour lunch @ 1 just to watch it. She is a very smart successful lady who loves her soaps!
Texasladybug84
by Platinum Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:00 PM
My mom ignored all of her kids due to soaps. I hate them so much because of that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Honestly, I don't give a crap what people watch. I wouldn't want anyone to judge my DVR and who I am to judge theirs? 

Watch whatever you like!

anon85
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM
5 moms liked this

I sure do! I have been watching them as long as I can remember. I got hooked watching them with my grandma. She had to watch her "stories" everyday. I watch The Young & The Restless and The Bold & The Beautiful.

cindilou13
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I don't now, because there are many other shows and things I enjoy more.  I did watch a couple for a period of about 10 years previously, I stopped because they were just too much repitition and drama (yeah I get that drama is the point, but it just got old).  Also I always hated how the continunity would be screwed up sometimes-kids that were 8 were suddenly 18 for a storyline lol.  

I don't think you are uneducated or stupid-maybe a litte bored lol.  To each his own on choice of entertainment! 

mom2gmp2
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM
2 moms liked this
I love GH!! I record it every day and watch it when I get around to it. We're watching Jake right now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:02 PM

I watch prime time soaps, so I guess I'm not any better, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN