Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

to be offended?? or not offended?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 206 Replies
My bf and i were having a discussion abut his family. He was warning me abut their quirks since i haven't met then yet.. His family is fairly strict and stressed to him that he needs to carry on their blood. I figure any children he has would be his blood, so i didn't get why he was even telling me. What it boils down to is that they do not believe in dating outside their race. I'm biracial, my ex husband is black, i have a child from him. Bf is Irish.

So i asked if we had gotten together before him and his ex.- they have two kids -.if he would have had kids with me. He hesitated, but said yes,.then told me that even if he wanted more kids he wouldn't have them with me because I've already had a child with another man. I was appalled. Him telling me that makes me feel like I'm just not worthy.. Like I'm less of a person because I've already had a child with my ex husband.

Am i crazy to be upset?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rfhsure
by beast mode on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM
13 moms liked this
Uhm no. That's fucked up. Fuck that noise. I'd tell him if he wants children he can fuck himself and see how that goes.
KTU
by Kim on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:27 PM
19 moms liked this
This sounds like a disaster in the making. I would end this now. He clearly is not okay with your or your child's race.
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Do you really have to ask? This is a bad situation to be getting into. Back out now before you get in any deeper. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:31 PM
And see. He's never shown any negativity or anything towards my son or me for that matter. He treats my son better than his own father does. So I'm just confused. O.o

Quoting KTU:

This sounds like a disaster in the making. I would end this now. He clearly is not okay with your or your child's race.

sarah427
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:32 PM
4 moms liked this
I would end the relationship immediately! His statement only shows that he will see your children as lesser people when it comes to their worth if this is how he views you and that is not the kind of man I would want to spend my life with.

Quoting Anonymous:

My bf and i were having a discussion abut his family. He was warning me abut their quirks since i haven't met then yet.. His family is fairly strict and stressed to him that he needs to carry on their blood. I figure any children he has would be his blood, so i didn't get why he was even telling me. What it boils down to is that they do not believe in dating outside their race. I'm biracial, my ex husband is black, i have a child from him. Bf is Irish.

So i asked if we had gotten together before him and his ex.- they have two kids -.if he would have had kids with me. He hesitated, but said yes,.then told me that even if he wanted more kids he wouldn't have them with me because I've already had a child with another man. I was appalled. Him telling me that makes me feel like I'm just not worthy.. Like I'm less of a person because I've already had a child with my ex husband.

Am i crazy to be upset?

Derari
by :::Achtung::: on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:33 PM
4 moms liked this

That's ridiculous. You should be offended. Dump a pint of Guiness on him.

"I like that about the Republicans; the evidence does not faze them, they are not bothered at all by the facts"  PresidentWilliam J. Clinton

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i think you need to run in the opposite direction. do you really want to meet his family--seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
What an asshat. I wouldn't breed with him if I were you anyways.
lilbit53009
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:36 PM
3 moms liked this

atleast he was honest

i only have 1 child right now (we're TTC #2)...but if god forbid something happened to my husband, i would never have children with someone else no matter what. i'd let that be known right up front though, and if they were ok with it then we'd see where things went. if it was a deal breaker atleast i was honest.

i personally find it gross to have kids with more than one man, but that's just me. not everyone feels that way...so you just have to find someone that feels the same way you do. know what i mean?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 2:37 PM
3 moms liked this

so he wouldn't have kids with you because you already had a kid with another man and he had 2 kids with another woman?! im sorry but i'd probably being saying adios to that douche bag...sounds like just the beginning of more things that would come up that would not be ok with me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)