Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have a 3rd daughter now -a happy post-

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
  • 16 Replies

Okay I don't really have a 3rd daughter but I might as well. 

She's 13. Her mother is in jail and she lives with her aunt.  Almost every day she is over my house, helping my kids with their homework and being all in all very helpful. She made the decision to call me "ma" out of respect (even though I am only 8 years older than her) because I feed her, make sure she is taken care of, and look out for her.  Heck. She's going to be with my family on Thanksgiving. I've only known her for almost 2 months and she has already made herself part of our family.  When we plan to do things, she is in the plans. My guest room has somehow been converted into her bedroom. 

If you ever met her you would never guess the struggles she has been through.  You would never have guessed that almost 2 months ago -on the day we met- she was the victim of abuse, neglect and just having an asshole for a mother.  She is always happy and bouncy and nice to everyone, even when I know that she is sad on the inside.  Most importantly she is able to talk to my kids from a standpoint that I could never arrive to. They have all lived through some of the same things.  She tells them the truth and they consider her their "sister"

This girl is an angel. 

Do you have any "fake" children. Who aren't yours, but might as well be?

- Yes, I know that the anons are going to bash so let me just do that for you so you can go pipe down.

"So she went from having an asshole of a mom to a bitch of a "mom"."I feel sorry for that girl if she sees you as a role model""troll",*insert meme here*, "0.o" , bitch, cunt, twat, *insert offensive name for a female here*,  And any other random stupidity that the anons come up with. 

Bash away. I simply don't care 

by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
isaiahsmom321
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:15 PM
I'm glad your there to keep her safe. And I'm sure she loves to feel wanted. Your great. My friends little girl is 4 and I have her 50 to 60 hours a week. Shes like my child lol. Her mom works hard and is going to school. Single mom no state help. I feed her make sure she has a bath. All he normal stuff.
isaiahsmom321
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Oh and I have boys so I love getting to paint her nails!
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:16 PM
No bashing, I think it's great, the more positive influences in a child's life the better. It sounds like a win for her and you children
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:17 PM
That's amazing. Have you thought about adopting her? Could it even be a possibility?
MommyOK
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM

She's a lucky girl that someone not realted to her cares for her. Keep it up mamma! It's important. And if she's calling you "ma" it's the best compliment!

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I am glad you are there for her and vice versa. It think it is great that you have created such a close bond. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Well she's with her aunt now as far as custody goes. I honestly don't know if those are options.  She's not in foster care or anything and I think since she is with family, they wouldn't let that happen.  For now she is just welcome to come over any time she wants. And she knows that we will take care of her. If she makes a decision that she wants to live here full time then I'll see about it. 

Quoting JDmommyJD:

That's amazing. Have you thought about adopting her? Could it even be a possibility?

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Ugh, Anons don't matter! I am glad she has you :)

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too, actually. We all love her. Even my brother considers her his "niece" because she is always in the house. She's family. I think the fact that she is soo nice and so mannerable and helpful (which is so unlike other 13 year olds) that won us over.  

Quoting PinkyPan:

I am glad you are there for her and vice versa. It think it is great that you have created such a close bond. 

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I know they don't but when I write that on the bottom of the posts it keeps the posts positive because it makes them run out of bitchy comments.  

Thank you. I am glad we have her. 

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Ugh, Anons don't matter! I am glad she has you :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured