Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

So today, SO and SS were about to go somewhere. It had already been decided he would pick up dinner on the way back. I told him I was going to go to bed and he needed to do lunches for tomorrow. He told me no, if I wanted to go to bed I could wake up around 10 or 11 and make the kid's lunches. The only reason I'm going to bed this early is because I've been exhausted and not feeling well the past few days. I've made every lunch since school started. He can't make one?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AZHOTMOM
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Obviously not. But my kids hate when DH make their lunches. They say its not the same.

Can't you make them now before you go to bed? Cause I hate to wake up once I am sleeping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I could but come on. I'd also like to point out the kids are teen and preteen ages. They are capable, I just usually do it.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Obviously not. But my kids hate when DH make their lunches. They say its not the same.

Can't you make them now before you go to bed? Cause I hate to wake up once I am sleeping.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
4 moms liked this

So grow a backbone, and tell your kids to fix their own or go hungry cuz you're tired!!!  

Quoting Anonymous:

I could but come on. I'd also like to point out the kids are teen and preteen ages. They are capable, I just usually do it.

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this

You just solved your problem.

Say "Hey, I'm going to bed, if you want to eat tomorrow I suggest you make yourselves lunches. Good Night, Love you".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

”Nonsense wakes up the brain cells. And it helps develop a sense of humor, which is awfully important in this day and age.” - Dr. Seuss. 

wconner289
by Bronze Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Then put your foot down! Tell the kids to make their own lunch cus you're tired
CamoChick
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:25 PM

I think the kids should make their own lunch....especially this one time

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

AZHOTMOM
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Yeah, he is being an ass, it would piss me off too, especially cause it sounds like you never ask him to do it.. My kids are teens and preteens too, but I still make their lunches, its just something I've always done. I'm married to a chef and he goes overboard on our kids lunches and they HATE it. So I try not to let him.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Why can't your kids make their own???

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM

I guess my issue is more my frustration that he isn't willing to do something I do EVERY single day. I woke the kids up and made breakfast. He just came down to say bye. I went to work with him. I've done everything he's done today except when we got home, I had to go to the grocery store, do laundry, etc. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

You just solved your problem.

Say "Hey, I'm going to bed, if you want to eat tomorrow I suggest you make yourselves lunches. Good Night, Love you".

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting AZHOTMOM:

Snakecharm
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:27 PM
If the kids were under age 9 I'd give in and make it.... These kids are old enough to make it or buy a school lunch.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured