Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My heart is broken...

Posted by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 94 Replies

Mobile Photo

My beautiful of mare, Lady, passed away today. I can't stop crying. I should be happy for her, it was past her time. She is no longer in pain. I should have put her down a long time ago, but I couldn't. Instead I kept her well medicated with the help of my vet.

She was 27 years old, had arthritis, and was blind, but damn it she was my best friend. I got her when we were both 12 years old. I told her all my secrets, spent my days with her. I loved her. My kids loved her. I would have never survived my teen years as well as I did without her.

I hope she knew how much she was loved. I just wish I could go and give her more sugar cubes and love.

I know she was only a horse, but she meant so much to me. :'(
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
indymom72
by Silver Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:50 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  She wasn't "just a horse", she was part of the family. Hugs to you!

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Thanks. She really was.

Quoting indymom72:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  She wasn't "just a horse", she was part of the family. Hugs to you!

PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry. I assure you she knew how much you love her. Hugs Mama.

lilwhaley04
by on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:54 PM

I still get sad when I think about my JD. He passed away 5 years ago. I'm so sorry for your loss. 

fanciepantz
by Alyssa on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:55 PM
I'm sorry, our bull thinks he is a dog and I have gotten so attached I will be heart broken when he goes.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
~hugs~ I am sorry for your loss. I had a dear pet I cherished whom had to be put to sleep a few years ago. He was a cat. Came home with blood all over and broken legs in the back. The vet would not help treat him cuz we did not have all the money up front. So we had to put him to sleep to keep him from suffering. I still break down thinking of him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

She wasn't only a horse, she was your best friend, your confidant and she knew she was loved. You will see her again. I am soo sorry for your loss :(

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Thanks, I hope so.

Quoting PinkyPan:

I am so sorry. I assure you she knew how much you love her. Hugs Mama.

Kmakksmom
by Stefanie on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww, she was beautiful!  *hugs*

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Nov. 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)