Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You will lose your food stamps!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this

I hope they all regret their abuse of the system that is in place to try to help them. 

I feel for these people, and understand that they need help, but they messed up and need to pay the price.

Lets go to Oh you have a family of 4, here is 2 gal of milk, some Govt cheese, Bread, 10 lb of ground beef, Peanut butter, pasta, beans and rice ect... here are recipes to make meals for the week with this food that will feed 4 people.  See you next week for your next food ration.

http://theadvocate.com/home/7514395-125/jindal-moves-to-strip-food

The Jindal administration vowed late Wednesday to strip food stamp benefits from recipients who misled retailers about their spending limits during a technical malfunction.

Recipients who walked away with groceries that exceeded their food stamp balances face losing their benefits for a year, two years or permanently depending on how many prior infractions they have. Exactly how many stand to be punished is unclear. More than 12,000 transactions generated insufficient funds notices once the electronic benefit transfer, or EBT, system came back online Oct. 12 and retailers could process stored transactions.   go to link to keep reading

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:35 AM

*lose

loose is the opposite of tight

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
7 moms liked this

this is why you're not supposed to feed wild animals, they will not longer use their own skills and insticts to find food....they wait for handouts.    same premise.

southern.momof2
by Pirate on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Yep, they are also talking about pursuing criminal charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Good.  I hope they lose them for life.  I would LMAO over that one. 

Idiot losers.

Momma_Lauth
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:37 AM
Good.
ForeverInLove
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Good. That was wrong, any way you look at it.

Deer hunting season is nearing, and there is no reason why they can't find someone to shoot them a deer. There is some good meat. For less than $100, you can have tons of meat! My neighbor is going to shoot us a deer. We're paying his tag fee, and I found someone to process it. I don't think I process... for one, no idea how. Two... I'm an animal lover. I don't think I can look at a face and go, "nom nom nom." I can eat it without the face though, while thanking it for being a part of my meal :)

brysonsmommy_10
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM
So true! My dh's cousin told us to let her know when we want a deer and she'll shoot it for free. He also has an uncle that does processing, but even without processing deer meat is awesome for stews or as a roast.

Quoting ForeverInLove:

Good. That was wrong, any way you look at it.

Deer hunting season is nearing, and there is no reason why they can't find someone to shoot them a deer. There is some good meat. For less than $100, you can have tons of meat! My neighbor is going to shoot us a deer. We're paying his tag fee, and I found someone to process it. I don't think I process... for one, no idea how. Two... I'm an animal lover. I don't think I can look at a face and go, "nom nom nom." I can eat it without the face though, while thanking it for being a part of my meal :)

sandy201282
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM
3 moms liked this

well i think food stamps encourages the buying of junk food, if everyone actually had to pay for it out of their own pocket that 4 dollar bag of chips wouldnt look so good...a ten pouind bag of real potatoes would seem much more appealing...i almost never buy junk food, cant afford too, its hard enough buying real food to feed my kids...and you know what, noone in my family is overweight. noone goes hungry ever, and we have snacks, but usually what i can make for them myself...except ice cream lol...but its a treat, not a daily part of our diets.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM
8 moms liked this
I only hope they are fair about it and the family who went $5 over because they really forgot their exact balance isn't cut off like the people who had carts full of hundreds of dollars of food over!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTo5Almost
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 7:50 AM
1 mom liked this
I worry abt their babies and children who are innocent and had nothing to do w it I agree the adults need punished but the kids and babies will go hungry so I don't agree w the choice of punishment
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)