Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A**hole step mom problem... ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 84 Replies
Okay, this happened to my sister, not me. She doesn't mind if I post it. I would like to get some opinions for her.

My sister has two children. They just turned 5 and 7. We will call them Lynn (5) and Garrett (7). My sister and their father have been divorced since Lynn was a baby. They are now both remarried. My sisters husband is an amazing step Dad to both of them. They love him and my sister and have repeatedly asked to live exclusively with them on several occasions. Their sm has always been hateful to my sister. Even when my sister honestly did her best to get along, sm would just be as spiteful as possible. Here are some examples.
Sm told Lynn that when she is riding in her car that she is only to address get mother by her first name. Not to call her mommy.

When the kids see their mom at sporting events, sm rushes them away to the car so they don't get to hug their mom or say hi.

On an exchange day, sm sent the kids to school in shorts and short sleeves when it was 40 degrees out. When my sister asked why she did that she said she sent them in play clothes so my sister wouldn't steal their nice clothes. (This one really bothered me because she made the kids freeze to death just to be a bitch to my sister).

She tells the kids that they aren't allowed to say ''i miss mommy'' or ''i want my mommy''. If they do she spanks them.

Those are just a few examples that don't even scratch the surface. They have 50/50 custody. Dad is never there because he is always working. If they are at his house they are with sm 90% of that time. It just breaks my heart because she is so hateful to the kids and to my sister. I'm sure my sister hasn't been a perfect angel in the situation either, but you can only be poked so many times before you bite, ya know? Should she try to get primary custody? How would some of you bm or sm go about it?

Also, I have nothing against step parents, this one just happens to really suck.

ETA: If you are just going to comment and tell me you don't believe me or I'm biased or something like that, please refrain... I understand that some of you feel that way, and that's fine. I'm not lieing or making anything up, I'm looking for advice. So, if you have advice, please give it. If you don't have advice, please move along.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
5 moms liked this

If I was her I would take it back to court. They are going to their dads to see their dad and he is not even there so maybe should have his visitation lowered based on the treatment of their stepmom. I am a stepmom and I think it is very wrong of this stepmom to talk to her step children about their mom like that and she is only harming the kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Sadly, the 50/50 should have never been put in place because its hard to reverse that. I will refuse to do 50/50 even when I'm 6 feet under. She can try, but it probably won't work. I have the same issues with sm, but thank god its only every other weekend for my dd
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
If Dad isn't there for his time, yes that could because for a change in custody . But it is not easy to change from 50-50 without a lot of proof and probably lawyers. Expensive.
3lilmonsters88
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Id try to get primary custody especially since dad isn't there much.
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

My advice is to start documenting things like that.  Take it back to court.  No guarantee it will be fixed, but worth a shot.

nancym3
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Go back to court. Spell everything out in the custody agreement. Thats absurd of that woman!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Look up parental alienation
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN