Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I took it out of her cart and I don't feel bad

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 256 Replies
7 moms liked this

Before I say anything else, let me make it clear that I am all for couponing and saving money, I do it myself but use same manners.

I had the worst heartburn the morning. I am 25 weeks pregnant. I take zantac daily but in order to eat anything I have to have some Maalox too. I was out so I went to the store with my 2 year old and my 4 year old.

I go to the shelf to see that there wasn't one bottle left. I find someone who works there to ask if there was any in the back, he checked and said no. I had a few other things to pick up so I got those and I went down an isle where there was a woman with probably 50 something bottles of Maalox in her cart. I went up to her and explained that I am pregnant and having horrible heartburn and it seems she has taken every bottle the store had so could I please buy 1 of those bottles. She said "nope, these are money makers I need every bottle" I was going to offer to buy the right to buy it from the store but I didn't have any cash on me.

So yeah. I stalked her in the store and snatched a bottle out of her basket when she was at the end cap looking at something else. I don't feel bad or feel like it was stealing at all. They didn't belong to her, she had not paid for them yet and while I agree it is rude to take things out of other people's carts, it's also rude to shelf clear, espcially medicine that other people might actually need. I mean I don't even have a problem so much with self clearing but shelf clearing medicine is just wrong IMO.

Oh and I could have gone to another store to get it but this was the store right by my house, had I gone anywhere else I would have had to go on the major road and there had been an accident so traffic was horrible.

bash away

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM
1 mom liked this
ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
9 moms liked this
People like her are rude. I would have done the same thing you did
Jblb
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Gotta do what you gotta do!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
17 moms liked this

Drive yourself to a diferent store...the world does not revolve aorund you. And no one cares that you want maalox. 

dominic062407
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Gotta do what you.gotta do.
SaraW1989
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would have done the same thing. 

mab05
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:28 PM
6 moms liked this
She probably didn't even notice it was gone
newmom3012
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM
2 moms liked this
I would've done the same thing. How is it a "money maker". She sounds like a dick.
Peytonsmom6308
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol it's fine now huh. That's kinda funny though
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM

You should try water with fresh lemon squeezed in it, or a glass of water with apple cider vinegar.  It really works.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN