Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Lets Play Smack the Parent- Parent Teacher Conferences

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
  • 71 Replies

So my daughters' school has been sending out notices to sign up for parent teacher conferences (held today) for two weeks. There was a paper sign up at their Halloween party, a paper slip to sign up and send back or you could go online and electronically add yourself to her calendar in an open spot. I was at my appointed time a few minutes early and there was a sign on the door that read "If my door is closed I am meeting with another parent. Please take a seat and I will be with you shortly." So I did. My turn came, we started talking and not less than 5 minutes in there is someone banging on the door. After about the third time, her teacher went to the door and asked if she didn't see the sign. She said she did but she is in a hurry and there is a line forming. She asked what time her appointment was supposed to be. The parent said "oh I didn't make one because I didn't know when I would be available today so if you could just see me for a minute I am in a hurry." My daughters teacher sounded a little flustered but still nice and said "I am already with one parent and that gentleman there has the next appointment. If you would like to come back I have openings at x,y,z times." And the parent actually started yelling at her about how she was here now and didn't have time for this nonsense and the whole thing is stupid and should just be first come first serve. The teacher was getting irritated by that point and told her if she had a problem with the policy and system in place she needed to take her concerns to the office and that she needed to get back to her appointment with the current parent. (Me) I wasn't really that upset as the only reason I was even there was she asked me to come to discuss the request of another parent involving my daughter but reason 7362516381 I couldn't be a teacher. I would have smacked that woman.

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Newfie_Mom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 12:44 PM

No one else has met a parent they wanted to smack? Seriously?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM
My son is in a special needs class. We have to walk our kids in. One of the moms was out in her car waiting when I took my son in. She had her son and her baby. Anyway, I pass her as I'm leaving the school. I Ask her wheres your baby? She said she left her in the car?!!! Then, I run into her again at the convenience store. Yep, left that baby in the car again. I'd love to slap some sense into her
Newfie_Mom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Ugh!!!!!

Our schools request we not bring the children if possible but they understand not every one can get a babysitter and such so they have a floating TA who goes to the rooms and hangs out with the kids during the conference.

Quoting Anonymous:

My son is in a special needs class. We have to walk our kids in. One of the moms was out in her car waiting when I took my son in. She had her son and her baby. Anyway, I pass her as I'm leaving the school. I Ask her wheres your baby? She said she left her in the car?!!! Then, I run into her again at the convenience store. Yep, left that baby in the car again. I'd love to slap some sense into her
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
My niece has a little girl in her class who's mother is just, ugh. I would really like to knock her out some days. Sad thing is her daughter is following right behind her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM
1 mom liked this
I couldnt be a teacher either. I dont have patience for ignorant parents or the helicopter parents. However those parent-teacher conferences are over rated. We had to have one for my kindergartner. And it for their report card. Hmmm what 5 year old wouldnt give their parent their report card. That should be for older kids.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah one of my dd's friends mom is a nutcase.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I would've told the woman it was first come first serve. Those who signed up first got their choice. Those who waited had to take what they could get. Parents can be assholes.
Newfie_Mom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:47 PM
That's so sad when that happens you know that kid never had a chance to be different.

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

My niece has a little girl in her class who's mother is just, ugh. I would really like to knock her out some days. Sad thing is her daughter is following right behind her.
Newfie_Mom
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I absolutely agree. It should really be if there is a problem or something at most ages. Especially at a school like my DDs. We can have parent teacher conference any day and long as we set it up in advance.

Quoting Anonymous:

I couldnt be a teacher either. I dont have patience for ignorant parents or the helicopter parents. However those parent-teacher conferences are over rated. We had to have one for my kindergartner. And it for their report card. Hmmm what 5 year old wouldnt give their parent their report card. That should be for older kids.
SpnFulOfSugar
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I'm head of the room moms at my sons school, there's at least 2 dozen I would love to slap!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)