Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My 16 year old daughter packed up her stuff and left

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 177 Replies
She wanted to go to a party tonight where there was going to be underage drinking and drugs. I told her that she couldnt go. She told me to fuck off and packed up all her stuff in left.

She has no car and is carrying her bags and stuff over to her friends house.

I am so sad that she would do this but also very angry with her. She is throwing a huge temper tantrum. She knows there is nothing i can do to bring her home but I dont think she has thought it all they way through.

She only works part time so she wont be able to support herself and i doubt she will be able to stay with her friend for a extended amount of time.

I think she will come crawling home but I am torn between letting her or showing her that her actions have consequences. Idk what to do. I am so disappointment in her
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM
21 moms liked this
Report her as a runaway she is a minor. You are still legally responsible for her so yes there is something you can do. Call the cops.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:03 PM
How old is she?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You can legally leave home here at 16 so even if I called the cops there is nothing they can do

Quoting Hanab818:

Report her as a runaway she is a minor. You are still legally responsible for her so yes there is something you can do. Call the cops.

Diatech12
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
9 moms liked this
Seriously?

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

How old is she?

Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
7 moms liked this
If I knew ehere this party was going to be id call the cops and tell them what they were planning on doing at the party
tardiskitty
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM
2 moms liked this
At 16 she is still a minor and your responsibility. Report the party to the police if there are illegal activities going on. Report your daughter has run away also.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM
This

Quoting tardiskitty:

At 16 she is still a minor and your responsibility. Report the party to the police if there are illegal activities going on. Report your daughter has run away also.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Well I dont know where the party is which is the only reason I havent called the non emergency line. I can't report her as a runaway

Quoting tardiskitty:At 16 she is still a minor and your responsibility. Report the party to the police if there are illegal activities going on. Report your daughter has run away also.
tcfla
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

This

Quoting tardiskitty:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)