Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Letter from a predator *May be disturbing to some*

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
  • 64 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.newson6.com/story/23912057/inside-the-mind-of-sexual-predators-and-how-you-can-keep-your-kids-safe

This was a story recently done by a local news station.  While I found it really disturbing, I do appreciate the predator's brutal honest.  This made my stomach do flip flops the whole time reading.  I encourage everyone to read this.

I was never sexual abused but know many who were (including my sisters and mother).  They were all abused by family members.  I just always remember my mother telling me to trust my instinct, say NO! when I felt uncomfortable, and tell anyone that I trusted if it did happen so she could protect me.  I firmly believe this saved me.  I recall being about 10 years old when a cousin tried to isolate me and take advantage but my stomach felt sick when he tried.  A few minutes later, my sister came over and grabbed my hand, shot a dirty look to the potential abuser and took me to her bedroom.  I found out years later,this cousin was the monster that stole my sister's innocence and several other young girls in my family.  I was spared.  And this beast has yet to be convicted.

Would you talk to your kids about this?  What did you take away from this story?

by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:06 PM

bump

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM

bump

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

bump =)

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:10 PM

bump

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

bump

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

It's a long read, but totally worth it!  Bumping to make sure all who want to see it get the chance

MilkLover0203
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:12 PM
I think that made me feel sick to my stomach but it is an interesting thing to read. It's disturbing that it is almost always a family member or friend, or another trusted person. This is why I'm unbelievably selective about who I leave my children with. Have you ever heard of the Lisa Project?
Lilfootmommy
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I see it as there are different levels of bad when it comes to sex offenders. I dont think someone who commited statutory rape should be treated the same as a person who molests a ten year old.
cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:14 PM

I haven't heard about this but I will check it out.  Is it an awareness program?

Quoting MilkLover0203:

I think that made me feel sick to my stomach but it is an interesting thing to read. It's disturbing that it is almost always a family member or friend, or another trusted person. This is why I'm unbelievably selective about who I leave my children with. Have you ever heard of the Lisa Project?

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree with you about that.  I wish there was a seperate list they titled, "I made a bad choce and had sex with a 15 year old when I was 18" or "She lied about her age" registry. 

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

I see it as there are different levels of bad when it comes to sex offenders. I dont think someone who commited statutory rape should be treated the same as a person who molests a ten year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN