Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Friday froyo? Anyone else ever used meetup?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I've finally found a mom group in my town on meetup and am going to Friday froyo at a local ice cream shop. Never met people from the Internet before hopefully it's going to be great. Anyone else ever used meetup? Was it successful?
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Yes,and yes.

shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:26 PM
Yep met two of my best friends through online moms groups. One from here and one from meetup! Good luck and have fun:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Taylorzoe
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM
I want to but I'm going to be so nervous. Lol I don't hang out too often and never with other moms and their kids before. I'm super excited for my son to get to meet and play with some kids his age he only knows his cousin whose almost a year older.

Quoting shajdinyak:

Yep met two of my best friends through online moms groups. One from here and one from meetup! Good luck and have fun:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I've used and do use meetup. It was fine.

One was a lego group. We went to the first meetup then it fizzled out and the group died.

The other is a very active homeschooling group, which is fantastic!

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I joined a mom group and it's awesome - we started when we were pregnant, and four of us had boys in five days, so it's really fun to get together now :)

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
Yes, but it was high school all over again.
shajdinyak
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Hopefully you will find someone you will connect with. You may meet and hang out with lots of different people but eventually you figure out who you click with!

Quoting Taylorzoe:

I want to but I'm going to be so nervous. Lol I don't hang out too often and never with other moms and their kids before. I'm super excited for my son to get to meet and play with some kids his age he only knows his cousin whose almost a year older.

Quoting shajdinyak:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Yes.  Some of my really good friends are from a group on meetup.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Make sure someone knows where you're going.

I've done it. It was a little too far to drive and the kids felt left out because the others already had their chique.

Good luck.

Taylorzoe
by Silver Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:09 PM
Yes I alway do especially with my son. I'm really happy about or being public rather then someone's home.

Quoting Anonymous:

Make sure someone knows where you're going.

I've done it. It was a little too far to drive and the kids felt left out because the others already had their chique.

Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)