Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

facebook?

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
  • 77 Replies
I quit Facebook months ago. I was wondering if anyone has quit it, if you miss it or could care less. I miss it at times and feel like I'm missing out of stuff my friends and family post or recent events going on with them. It seemed like there was more drama, gossip and negative things on Facebook than there were good things. What do you think?
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I would die without it. Legit,I would die. I'm always on it on my computer or my phone. lol

lizzie_ann
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM
5 moms liked this

If there's drama, gossip, and negative things in your facebook experience, it's because there's drama, gossip, and negative things in your life. I've had a facebook account since it was just for college students and don't have those problems. 

nicki1018
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:26 PM
I had it and quit it. Too much drama, stupid shit, gross pics of food. I don't miss it one bit. I quit it maybe 7 months ago.
wconner289
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Well everyone has negative stuff in their life, whether its personal or I would read things others wrote the were depressing or they would write things just for a reaction. Or I would post something that was an opinion and a friend would comment then a family member would and they'd argue and it got old. And people who didn't know each other would read something and take it out of context and then I'd be stuck in the middle having to choose sides. So I would say I don't miss one bit of that!

Quoting lizzie_ann:

If there's drama, gossip, and negative things in your facebook experience, it's because there's drama, gossip, and negative things in your life. I've had a facebook account since it was just for college students and don't have those problems. 

Fairegirl33
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:34 PM

i could never... all my family and friends who are far away from me are there...  i love the everyday contact i have with them.

ablox
by Bronze Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I dont have a Facebook and to be honest I am perfectly fine. It has not affected my life one bit! But my brother thinks that no one will know your alive if your not on Facebook (eye roll). I tell him to try the phone.

JealousGrrl
by Gold Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
I haven't quit it, but I go on very rarely lately. It's nice to have it though. My family lives half the country away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I have been considering it hard the past few days.

sheena696
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I first got on Facebook because of family that was overseas in Germany. That was the whole reason I ever signed up for it. I personally would not delete MY Facebook because other people were excessively dramatic. If I had someone like that on my FB then I would delete THEM not my account. 

wconner289
by on Nov. 8, 2013 at 2:36 PM
That's what would make it hard to stay away forever. I don't have a plan to go back soon but I will in time.

Quoting Fairegirl33:

i could never... all my family and friends who are far away from me are there...  i love the everyday contact i have with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)