Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm Pro CHOICE, not pro abortion.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 482 Replies
41 moms liked this
I have never met anyone who was pro abortion, in the sense of thinking that more abortions should happen. I don't think it's ideal and would never coerce someone into thinking it's the better option for them. All I believe everyone should have the option, and that "pro abortion" is a term coined by pro lifers to insinuate that those who believe in freedom encourage more women to choose abortion.

I am happy to engage in intelligent debate with pro life people, I respect their stance and passion even if I disagree. But I am not pro abortion, I do not promote the procedure in itself. Just the freedom to decide. It's a bigger picture than you think.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM
5 moms liked this
The only choice a pro lifer does not support is the choice to end pregnancy. In my opinion if a pro choicer supports the choice to end pregnancy, then they are in fact pro abortion. It's the only thing they support that a pro lifer does not.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM
21 moms liked this

I was pro life for so long, until I caught myself considering abortion for a possible pregnancy.  (Thank God I wasn't pregnant) All women should have the choice to end an unwanted pregnancy.  Period.  It's fine if someone is against abortion, but you only have the right to choose that for your own body, no one else's. People think it's black and white.  It's so beyond that, with a million different shades of grey.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Rape

Quoting Anonymous:

The only choice a pro lifer does not support is the choice to end pregnancy. In my opinion if a pro choicer supports the choice to end pregnancy, then they are in fact pro abortion. It's the only thing they support that a pro lifer does not.
AnnieGoolaheey
by Mrs. Annie Proffitt on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:43 AM
7 moms liked this

Not exactly true.  Many pro lifers are against certain types of birth control because they prevent implantation.  Even many types of the pill do this. Further limiting choices for women.

Quoting Anonymous:

)0(
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM
8 moms liked this

For myself, I am pro-life.  

For anyone else?  It's not my uterus and not my place to judge.  

I don't consider myself pro-abortion.  Abortion in many cases is a necessary medical procedure to preserve the physical AND mental health of the mother.  And yes, I believe mental health is just as big an issue.  

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:45 AM
I kind of stand on both sides.
newmom3012
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
30 moms liked this
Pro life needs to be changed to pro birth. They don't give a crap about the life of the child after it's born........
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
2 moms liked this
They call us pro abortion, we call them anti choice. It is still the same argument.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm pro choice also. If you Want to get an abortion so be it its your body.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:47 AM
7 moms liked this
Always thought it was funny how pro lifers were ok with the death penalty. Doesn't that make them pro fetus not pro life?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)