Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

help!! 20mo old wants to bf non-stop!!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
  • 76 Replies
Seriously none of my others were like this. All she wants to do is nurse. If shes around me and I say "nope all done" she freaks out. I try keeping her really busy and distracting her but shes pretty insistant( this has been ongoing for months now :/) pedi says shes fine..no new teething etc. Gah help! Any good ideas would be greatly appreciated!
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Bump!!
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
No one else ever had this problem?
idunno1234
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Is she hungry?  Is it a comfort thing?  A control thing? Try pinpointing what it is that she is really craving and see if you can figure out a way to replace some bf time with something else that satisfies that craving.

Easier said than done, I know :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Weaning time!!
Kazmira222
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
No :/ I would just simply stop offering it to her. Make her start drinking other things. Idk how to help with this one :/ I didn't ever really bf my son. I'm hoping he'll be done with a bottle by a year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Pretty normal. The more you try and push her away the more she will want you. She's a baby.
Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:17 AM
2 moms liked this
Hey if you figure it out let me know. My 19 month old is doing the same thing. Anytime he gets close to me its boogie while smacking my and trying to pull my boobs out of my shirt.and when it is time to nurse he can go for hours if I let him and throws the worlds biggest fit when I cut him off.
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Im trying to start weaning so shes done around 2.

Quoting Anonymous:

Weaning time!!

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Technically she's a toddler now lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Pretty normal. The more you try and push her away the more she will want you. She's a baby.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
At 15 months old I started cutting back on dd. I wanted to keep going buy not 15 times a day! By 18 months I started working partime. She nursed before nap and bedtime, and when I came home. Maybe a couple more times but nothing compared to before. I just told her later and distracted her. She cried some at first but you can't always make them happy. She nursed whenever she was sick or upset. We continued to nurse until she was 4.5 years old.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured