Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

bipolar minds are unique

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 114 Replies
3 moms liked this
I've often found that many of my friends & family that have been diagnosed with bipolar have a unique way of thinking.

Yes, they have their up's, down's, & other sorts of emotions...but usually this is what helps them cope. They have a different way of seeing things, feeling emotions, & doing things. Most I know are very loud, but very loving. I find them very unique. I love the one's I've gotten to know. :)
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

BUMP!

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:14 PM
4 moms liked this

Confession:

I think bipolar is NORMAL.

Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My dh is bipolar an its easy in a way but also hard to live with
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:19 PM
I don't hope this comes off as rude...but what exactly is "normal"? ;) bipolar is considered some sort of abnormal, along with depression, but maybe they see more than I ever could...& for what the world really is? Maybe I'm abnormal?? :)

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Confession:

I think bipolar is NORMAL.

coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:22 PM
My Dsis was also diagnosed, & it is hard...especially when it came to anger issues. But she also was such a genius & could be so loving...just hard to tell which mood she would be in some days :/

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

AllyB_
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Love seeing positive posts about bipolar. My 14 year old brother (who I am raising) has bipolar disorder and my 4 year old is about to be diagnosed with it also. they are both incredibly smart, funny and caring individuals. my brother told me his therapist was telling him that there are a lot of famous and successful people out there who have bipolar disorder and she said the world needs these people and he said it made him feel really good and like theres a purpose to him "being different"

JessMc33
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:24 PM
2 moms liked this
Every mind is unique. :-)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 9, 2013 at 2:27 PM
1 mom liked this

My dd 4 1/2 can be sweet as can be. She can behave perfectly. On the other hand, sometimes she acts like a spoiled brat, a real bitch. Tantrums, acts rude to her tutor we have at home, she's well behaved in school, though. Could she be bipolar? I ask why she gets so crazy and she answers "I was tired." She can be really stubborn or really sweet. Sometimes, you can talk to her like an adult. Sometimes, she throws herself on the floor if she's frustrated.

Mommytoaangel
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Pm me if u wanna chat its hard to live with but he has more down days then up an always seems depressed

Quoting coliemamiof2:

My Dsis was also diagnosed, & it is hard...especially when it came to anger issues. But she also was such a genius & could be so loving...just hard to tell which mood she would be in some days :/

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
l.a.m.b
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 3:41 PM
2 moms liked this

i think everyone is unique, bipolar or not.  doesnt make a difference

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)