Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Pet Peeves

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies

What are yours? 

I hate when someone says "verse" instead of "versus." It drives me batty! 

I also hate when I'm having a conversation with someone, and they say something that I don't immediately address, and they repeat it to me over and over, slowly, like I am stupid. Yes, I heard you! (I'm not explaining this well.) 

Anyway... Share the things that drive you nuts! 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Osstie
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I don't like it when people call other people stupid or idiot or moron.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I get that. We don't do name calling in our house. 

Quoting Osstie:

I don't like it when people call other people stupid or idiot or moron.

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I purposely try to be a little late to things or start getting ready so I have to rush because I LOATHEEEE waiting around to leave. 

I hate when people don't close cabinet doors. 

Toothpaste in the bathroom sink - AGGH!!!!

When my boyfriend corrects the way I say certain words. I'm from Wisconsin and apparently we say things differently from those in Illinois? (what's the frackin difference?)

When I say something to someone and they say huh or what and then answer me as I'm repeating myself...they already heard me the first time. !!!! >__< 

...I wasn't really finished but, I thought that was a pretty good starter list ;)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Bump! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM

OMG! My SO leaves cabinet doors open 24/7 and it makes me crazy

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I purposely try to be a little late to things or start getting ready so I have to rush because I LOATHEEEE waiting around to leave. 

When my boyfriend corrects the way I say certain words. I'm from Wisconsin and apparently we say things differently from those in Illinois? (what's the frackin difference?)

When I say something to someone and they say huh or what and then answer me as I'm repeating myself...they already heard me the first time. !!!! >__< 

...I wasn't really finished but, I thought that was a pretty good starter list ;)

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:03 PM

DUDE! How annoying right?? I don't understand the logic...you open something & then you close it. It takes 2 seconds! How does someone just NOT do that? I woke up one morning to a kitchen with almost every single cabinet door open once because he couldn't find a lid to a pot. I almost fell over!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:05 PM

I'm so glad this happens to someone else. There are days I just stare at my kitchen, half the cabinets left open, and think "what the fuck, dude?" 

I dread him unloading the dishwasher because of it. 

I swear he is determined to give me a permanent eye twitch. 

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

DUDE! How annoying right?? I don't understand the logic...you open something & then you close it. It takes 2 seconds! How does someone just NOT do that? I woke up one morning to a kitchen with almost every single cabinet door open once because he couldn't find a lid to a pot. I almost fell over!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

moogsmom03
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

When DH leaves dresser drawers open, he never shuts them! Toothpaste in the sink, when DH uses his little hatchet to chop up kindling from logs in the living room, on the hearth and gets freakin wood chips all over the damn place! When beds aren't made, when there are crumbs on the floor and I get them all over the bottom of my feet. When people can't spell simple words like, to, too, two; then, than... How can you possibly mix those up??! Apparently I'm easily annoyed, lol!

sweetsavannah10
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Incorrect grammar and spelling. GAH

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Bump! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)