Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Light box therapy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Has anyone done this for seasonal depression? I'm having a hard time right now and hear this could help.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
almburr
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 7:58 PM
Have you tried 15mins of being outside in the sun daily.
JackieGirl007
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I haven't tried it but I want to. Last winter I started taking a TON of vitamin D and it seriously helped so much.

Also, being outside in the winter, doesn't matter if it's sunny or not, you still get the good stuff.

NBean311
by Chivette on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM

I have a sunlight lamp for it. It helps. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM

How much D do you take? I take 2,000 iu's. I do take antidepressants but it doesn't feel like I am right now....

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I haven't tried it but I want to. Last winter I started taking a TON of vitamin D and it seriously helped so much.

Also, being outside in the winter, doesn't matter if it's sunny or not, you still get the good stuff.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Yes and it works great.

JackieGirl007
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I took 10,000 per day. Antidepressants dont' work. That's why they just came out with a new pill, to back it up! lol

I went down that road. Research them online mama. They make people so depressed they kill themselves. They have to come with a suicide warning now.

Quoting Anonymous:

How much D do you take? I take 2,000 iu's. I do take antidepressants but it doesn't feel like I am right now....

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:20 PM

What new pill are you taliking about?

Quoting JackieGirl007:

I took 10,000 per day. Antidepressants dont' work. That's why they just came out with a new pill, to back it up! lol

I went down that road. Research them online mama. They make people so depressed they kill themselves. They have to come with a suicide warning now.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Yeah, I second the vitamin D3.  10,000iu daily.

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Can't wait to try this tomorrow.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 8:28 PM

If your levels are really low, it will take a month or longer to raise your levels.  Take a chelated magnesium supplement with it as well, magnesium and D3 work together.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can't wait to try this tomorrow.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Quoting JackieGirl007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN