Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My confession. Without going anon.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
  • 2 Replies
My confession:

I miss my ex fiancé.

We were only together 8 months, We had a date set, dress on lay-away, and then I got pregnant.
Yay! We were having a baby and we were very excited, even his best friend said he was genuinely thrilled.

And then I had a miscarriage and we fell apart. He had been accepted to Texas A&M and the day after the miscarriage he got his instructions on how to register for classes and he tore them up.

He was hurting, I was hurting. Talking to me made him feel worse. He couldn't handle it so he broke up with me. That was in 2011. I was 21 he was 20.

Now I've been married to an amazing man for a little over a year and we have a beautiful DD together.

But at some point throughout the day, I think about my Ex and I mourn the baby we lost and the life we should have had together.

I don't know how to get over these thoughts, my therapist couldn't help at all.

So there's my confession, and here's my question: do you have any advice on getting the thoughts to stop? I love my DH, but I truly loved my ex too, I need peace.
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
J-KsMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 10:55 PM
You can love more than one person in a lifetime. However you have built a life now stop fantasizing and putting the past on an alter. It's over and it's over for a reason. Dwelling on it, mourning it will only hurt the joy you have now.
lilypad12788
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:34 AM
That's way easier said than done. Isn't mourning what you are supposed to do when someone you love "dies"? That's essentially what he did, he broke up with me and I have talked to him once, over Facebook.

Quoting J-KsMommy:

You can love more than one person in a lifetime. However you have built a life now stop fantasizing and putting the past on an alter. It's over and it's over for a reason. Dwelling on it, mourning it will only hurt the joy you have now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)