Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Opinions please..

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM
  • 8 Replies

about earrings.  I have my ears pierced twice, and rarely wear earrings.  When I wore them all the time, I could only wear gold.  Then, after I had my daughter and became a SAHM, I stopped wearing them. I can't find my gold earrings now. 

A year or so ago, I had to stop wearing my gold wedding band/engagement ring because I started breaking out (going through menopause, and body chemicals are changing). We bought me some new rings, sterling silver, and I haven't broken out yet.  Now that we finally got our daughter's ears pierced (she will be 7 in 2 weeks), I want to start wearing earrings again.

So, my question is this.  Would you buy gold earrings again, or try sterling silver?  I don't really want to spend money on something I won't be able to wear.

by on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:15 PM

BUMP!

XnikoX
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:16 PM
I would try sterling silver. Especially since its cheaper.
Sarahb21
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I would go sterling. It's cheaper and you know that you haven't had a reaction to it from your rings.

schatzi869
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Try sterling silver first. I have to wear nickle-free earrings because one freakin ear swells up. kind of reminds me of will smith in the movie Hitch.
Chris030406
by anonsneednotreply on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Silver is cheaper. Start there. Maybe later, treat yourself to gold.
Okie-chick
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Sterling silver
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Thanks everyone.  That is what I was thinking.  Try sterling silver first, then if that doesn't work, try gold again.  I really want to wear earrings again.  

Wish me luck!!

LindaSuperMom
by Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I too had that problem, after not wearing earings for a year. My sister in law actually reopened the holes with a sterile needle. Fortunately I had a pair of simple gold earings that I was able to use..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)