Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

when did you start or let your daughter start??

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
  • 76 Replies

I was just reading a post on a "period care package"  I found it to  be really rather interesting seeing I never heard of a care package in this form before.  So now I am wondering, at what age did you start using tampons, and what about your young daughters.  I know my daughter is going to start soon, and times have changed.  I know my mom wouldn't let me until high school and it was so hard in sports and I was a very shy kid.  So I am currious what the current trend is I guess you could say....

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM
2 moms liked this
My mom smacked me in the face for even.mentioning tampons and said they was only for married women. But I do like the care package idea
TheDrsRose
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Tampons? 13. I couldn't stand pads!
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Right when I started at 15. I was very active as a teen, pads didn't cut it and actually weren't much of an option.
zeenah
by Zarah on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I only use them when swimming or when I'm gonna be active. Idc whether my dd uses them or not the just are never comfortable for me.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I was like 12 I think. I couldn't get it in though so I didn't wear them until I was like 15-16.
2kids19yrsapart
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I started when I was 11.  I snuck and used tampons when I was around 16 or so.  Before that, I didn't even think about them. 

My dd is almost 7, and I will have that talk with her in a few years.  But, I currently don't use tampons, so I am hoping I don't have to mention those to her right away.  I would prefer her wait until she is older to use them, like I did.

risaspieces
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
2 moms liked this
I started using them at 11. I hate pads.
yessie.xo
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this
en I first started I only used pads for one cycle. I have used tampons ever since. I hate pads!! DD is only 3 months so I have awhile too go before she starts, but if she wants too use tampons I will buy them for her. I also plan on doing a "care package". Although I had never even thought of the idea till I read it here!!
Pink.Frosting
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My daughter doesn't use them.  It's not really an issue.  I prefer that she not use them, but there are tampons in the house and if she wanted to try them she is free to do so.  She chooses not to. My reason for prefering that she not use them is that she is already in frail health so why chance something else as serious as TSS on top of everything else she deals with?  But, she's old enough to do what she wants in that department.  What she wants just happens to be sticking with the ultra thin pads she's always used.

shiningjoy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:20 AM

When my best friend tried using tampons for the first time she accidently left part of the carboard in, so she used pads forever, it wasn't till we were like 27 and she told me about not using them and why that I explained to her she wasn't using them right!! Now she uses tampons!! LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)