Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My kids were taken by CPS, I need advice ASAP!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 331 Replies
3 moms liked this

3 days ago CPS showed up on my doorstep on a report made by the school.  One of my 5 year old twin boys had received a bloody lip while the boys were playing.  The caseworker talked to my husband and myself and wrote down our statements and left saying that he would be back later that day to talk about my second oldest daughter being in counceling for something that happened almost 2 years ago that caused my now 15 year old sone to be removed from the home and placed in residential care. (Because of something he did) I left the house an hour later and p[icked my kids up from school and when I returned there were 5 CPS workers and a cop in my driveway.  They would not allow my children in the house and asked if we could all go to the JO and "just talk".  After we got there they said we were not going to talk and that all 4 kids were being placed in protective custody.  IU found out today that my 8 year old daughter had to go the the ER with a high fever and get this SHE IS ALREADY ON MEDICAID!  I tried to check their lunch balances on the school website, and all 4 of their names have been removed from the site.  

I thought it took days, even weeks, to be approved for medicaid.  Could this be something that has been in the works for a while and nobody told us?  I was told they have up to 72 hours to present their case before a judge to be able to keep the kids in custody, but was later told that it will be Tuesday.  That is a whole week!  

We have had issues with them in the past, but never to this extreme.  The first time was 3 years ago.  They kept dragging the case on and after 6 months the judge finally told the CPS supervisor on the case that she was going over board and rediculious.  The last time was a year and a half ago when my then 13 year old son (right before he was removed from our home) went to school and told his teachers that everyone in the house was being beat every day and that we were all covered in bruises.  I pointed out to the same supervisor then that noone was being beaten and showed her that noone had any bruises at all.  That case was closed.  She then turned around and lied to my husband and told him I had said (which I did not) he had pushed a pine bunk bed over on top of me.  

This time around I requested that she not be present since in the past she had spun lies to try and break up my family.  When they told me she had to be there because she is supervisor I let them know that I was going to record everything that was said, and she bolted from the room saying she would would not be recorded.

She left the room and when she returned was when she told us they were taking the kids.  I honestly believe this is a revenge thing on her part because we made her look like an idiot in court the first time. 

Any advice anyone can give would be great.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM

i am SO sorry!! Can you get a lawyer? HSLDA (Home school legal defense association) sometimes helps families that are not members in extreme cases like this b/c they believe that children should be with parents. You could give them a call anyway and ask. They almost always win their cases.

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:21 AM
4 moms liked this
I hope you have copies of all the documents from previous case. Keep the originals and keep them somewhere outside of your home.
pregnantmama105
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM
2 moms liked this

get a lawyer

MrsErdos2011
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Bump! 

whohasmyname
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Get a lawyer is all I got to say.  

JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
61 moms liked this

I just find it hard to believe that it is revenge. I think there is a lot you are not telling us.

SweetPegasus08
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
I really don't know any advice I could give you, but here's a bump. Good luck!
pamelathemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
3 moms liked this

Get a lawyer before you talk to them again.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
get a lawyer...what state are you in?
shiningjoy
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:24 AM
4 moms liked this

you need a lawyer ASAP!! No ands, ifs, or buts...LAWYER!!! I would call every single one until one agrees.  Then also set up a counter suite against the state

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)