Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My doctor wants me to lose 20 more lbs and I'm pretty annoyed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 89 Replies

Quick Time line

almost 5 years ago I got pregnant and already had spinal issues  (muscular 145 @ 5'7", lean with a big but and I always have had big boobs, size D...just so you can get an image of how I looked in your head)

4 years ago I gave birth and got a permanent spinal injury (220lbs, mostly water, but def some fat, and mostly because I couldn't move much)

1 year ago I was in a car accident and got even more spinal injuries and developed some other issues as a result (170lbs)   ***Breats are a size G now after getting pregnant, my ob said my fibroids expanded so they should stay about the same size no matter how much I lose.**

Now my doc wants me back down to 150lbs, which I understand why, but he doesn't realize, my boobs don't shrink.  My OBGYN even told me that my boobs will always stay the same size because I have fibroidal breasts, not a lot of fat tissue in them. They weight me down.  Not to mention, with the spine issues, you can imagine how hard it is to move and do activity.  I have been in an intensive treatment program to help reduce the pain, but the treatment has medications that cause water retention and slow metabolism so I'm like WTF???/

vent over

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:26 AM

The doctor isn't your boss.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM
7 moms liked this
Your boobs don't weigh 20 pounds. Sounds like you are making excuses....
Jammin.
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Why do we need to know you have a big booty?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM
Where did She say 50?

Quoting Anonymous:

crazygirl907
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Change your diet. And if you are 5'7" and 170 pounds, you can lose weight other than your boobs.

ineedcoffeemom
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Can you see if your dr can say a breast reduction is a medical necessity so insurance can pay for it? Spinal injuries are serious and relieving that weight would improve your health.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM
No they don't weigh 20lb, but I did weigh them and they are 4 lbs each. so 8 is a lot of weight when your spine is permanently fucked up. I'm a size 32G now so it's a lot of boobs to h old up.
Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Oh, I should have put why I added that.  Because of my natural body frame, having a big butt and big boobs puts strain on my spine.  So simple things like sitting, cause strain on my spine from the top.  Simple things like standing cause strain on my spine from my butt.

lol sorry that didnt make much sense at first

Quoting Jammin.:

Why do we need to know you have a big booty?

Jennyanne322
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:47 AM
Eat clean and try swimming. Almost no impact on your body.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I havent asked but maybe I should.  I wanted to hold it off because I hant to have more children and breastfeed but if I can get some solid information about the risks to breastfeeding I think I should do it.  It's been a thought in the back of my head for a while now. 

Quoting ineedcoffeemom:

Can you see if your dr can say a breast reduction is a medical necessity so insurance can pay for it? Spinal injuries are serious and relieving that weight would improve your health.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)