Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Wow do NOT mess with this mama's family!!

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:48 AM
  • 48 Replies
1 mom liked this

The family of a kidnapped woman in Duson, La., Bethany Arceneaux, took justice into their own hands Friday when they rescued Arceneaux from her captor, Scott Thomas, killing Thomas in the scuffle that ensued.

Arceneaux, 29, was kidnapped on Wednesday from a child-care center parking lot by Thomas, 29, the father of her son, reported The Advertiser. Their two-year-old son was in her car at the time, and was not harmed.

Arceneaux’s family received a tip that she was being kept in an abandoned house nearby. As law enforcement had not yet acted, a half dozen family members assembled at the house and kicked down the door. They said they did not know what they would find.

They found Arceneaux, bloody but alive, and Thomas. In the confrontation between Arceneaux’s family and Thomas, guns were fired and Thomas was fatally shot.

Arceneaux, who had been stabbed multiple times by Thomas, also sustained further injuries. She was driven to a nearby hospital, and is reportedly in stable condition.

“She’s shook up, she’s sliced up, but she’s alright,” said Ryan Arceneaux, Bethany Arceneaux’s brother, who was involved in the confrontation along with another brother, Kaylyn Alfred.

“We found her. We went and got her in that house. We kicked doors down. It was like a movie unfolding.”

According to USA Today, Arceneaux had a protective order issued against Thomas on June 17. He was arrested Aug. 8 for violating the order and charged with aggravated assault and aggravated flight from an officer.

"He keeps threatening to kill us," Arceneaux wrote in her complaint to police. “He put a knife to my neck countless times."

"I can just imagine how chaotic that confrontation was. The person who acted in defense of Ms. Arceneaux is a relative, a close relative to her. So I can imagine his emotions were probably high, and everyone's levels were very escalated," police spokesperson Capt. Kip Judice told KATC.

Judice said that while events indicate that the family members acted to protect Arceneaux, police are still investigating the incident. It is not clear whether any of the Arceneaux family will face charges.

JE ME SOUVIENS

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baquick
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:50 AM
Wow. Glad she's ok and her son was too!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:50 AM
all I can say is WOW!!
mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:53 AM
My family would have done the same thing. My mom got car jacked and ran over with her own car over the summer. My cousin happens to be a cop in the city and the guy got his ass handed I him in jail. The gaurds are taking real good care of him. My cousin told him to kill himself it'd be easier on him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KawaiiPika
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Who kidnapped a woman who probably planned on killing her.
If it was my family who did this I would be beyond grateful and thankful I still had my life.

Quoting Anonymous:

They should be charged. They murdered a man.

tardistraveller
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:56 AM
2 moms liked this

fuck off and google the meaning of murder.

Quoting Anonymous:

JE ME SOUVIENS

diaperstodating
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:57 AM
Is your mom alive?

Quoting mommyof11050307:

My family would have done the same thing. My mom got car jacked and ran over with her own car over the summer. My cousin happens to be a cop in the city and the guy got his ass handed I him in jail. The gaurds are taking real good care of him. My cousin told him to kill himself it'd be easier on him.

Mrs-Somerhalder
by Blake on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:57 AM
I'm glad she is now safe but these people acted idiotically. They could have been shot. This easily could have turned into a hostage situation.
Where was the baby? If he was there they also put his life in even more danger.
Ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 2:59 AM

this has been all over the new here (im in east tx, about 2 hours from louisiana). good for them. shes beautiful, heres 3 more pics from another article.

Bethany Arceneaux is the mother of Scott Thomas' a 2-year-old child.

Scott Thomas, 29, of Leonville, Louisiana, is accused of kidnapping Bethany Arceneaux, 29. Bethany’s family members are claiming that they shot and killed the man.

NO SALES

dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:00 AM

...as he stabbed their niece. oh fucking well. good riddance.

Quoting Anonymous:

Toonkasmommy
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:00 AM
That's real love right there. Her family is awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN