Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My brother's in rehab. Yea!! any recovering addicts

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 11 Replies
My brother started his first day of rehab today! I'm so happy for him. He is an alcoholic/recreational drug addict and lost custody of his son this last year. My mother's been raising him. He told cps he needed help. He hasn't been doing well, has no job, has a criminal record, but beneath all that he's my brother and I love him, finally today he took pictures of his son, got his Bible and a few things and is in rehab in good spirits hoping to get his life back on track.

Anybody have any success stories with rehab, alcoholics, I want to stay positive but I know reality is he may not succeed. If nothing else say a prayer for him Pease and thank you.

He is such a sweet guy, rough on the outside but a tender heart. I just want my brother back to his old self, not the brother masked by drugs and alcohol.
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Bump
kaysha
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:55 AM
Good luck to him
Moonskytiger
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:55 AM

Good luck to him :) 

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Thank you

Quoting kaysha:

Good luck to him

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 3:58 AM
Thank you

Quoting Moonskytiger:

Good luck to him :) 

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:11 AM

I have worked with addicts and the ones that want to change and have a good support system often succeed. Best of luck to him and y'all.

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:13 AM
Thank you, I know his hearts in the right place, it's staying away from old friends and circumstances when he gets out to stay sober that has me worried.

Quoting our.love.story:

I have worked with addicts and the ones that want to change and have a good support system often succeed. Best of luck to him and y'all.

our.love.story
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:17 AM

I know that a lot of addicts get new numbers, delete all old contacts, change whole parts of their lives so they don't have to come into contact with anyone from their past. Anything and everything he is willing to do will be helpful for him in the future. 

Quoting tnt-manda:

Thank you, I know his hearts in the right place, it's staying away from old friends and circumstances when he gets out to stay sober that has me worried.

Quoting our.love.story:

tnt-manda
by Mandy Dandy on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Wow. A whole new fresh start. Thanks for the input

Quoting our.love.story:

I know that a lot of addicts get new numbers, delete all old contacts, change whole parts of their lives so they don't have to come into contact with anyone from their past. Anything and everything he is willing to do will be helpful for him in the future. 

Quoting tnt-manda:

Quoting our.love.story:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 4:59 AM
The hard part is when he gets out. Getting clean in rehab is not that hard, physically it sucks but when you can't get drugs you can't be tempted. Being out in the real world is when he needs you the most.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)