Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My DH family is hiding something.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
Its just really strange to me... (Btw the names have been changed). Anyways I know its not a big deal but I just wonder why? So my dh only has a dad his mom passed away 3months after i met him so i never got the chance to meet her. His mom died at 56 from cancer thats what he told me. And his dad i dont remeber his age but hes in his 60's probally in the end. So anyways with time years later me and dh fell in love and got married. I only met his brother and father this whole time since he told me all his family lives in other states and some are close but he doesnt really get along with. He doesnt even really get along with his father but i got to meet him anyways. So i remember when i was pregnant we would often go to his dads house. So his dad woukd talk to me but dh wouldnt say anything. So FIL talks about their family ( im happy to hear more since my dh nEVER talks about them) so he says that his my dh has a brother and sister( sister lives in another state dh already had told me) and he says that my child will be his third grandchild since BIL already has one son and one dd named tyra and julian(dh never told me he had kids). So im like oh thats nice how old are they. Fil says 12 and 9 and he shows me a picture of the "son". He says this is julian. So anways my i gave birth to my dd who is now 8months and i saw his bil last week he came to see dd for the first time. He tells me he has 2 daughters named carla and ciara. Im thinking: so who the hell is julian or tyra? Bil name isnt even julian either. Anyways this was strange. His sister doesnt even have kids either. I dont know if his dad has memory problems or something since he is getting old or because this family is just hiding stuff. Its like they mix up family member names and ages or they just dont talk about each other. Thry never get together for christmas, thanksgiving nothing. I baptizied my dd last month and nobody came dh didnt even want to invite them. And he usually has a good relationship with his brother. I dont know im confused. What is happening here?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
libramoon007
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

You married a man you don't really know his family or his past basically. That is all. Ask him. 

scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:41 AM
1 mom liked this

What I find odd is you are asking us. Why not ask your husband?

Melbornj
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Ask.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Because he wont tell
Me anything. He eill talk about his past but he wont include his family and the way his father switch names or lied about his son having a son is just weird.

Quoting scarletmeshell:

What I find odd is you are asking us. Why not ask your husband?

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:43 AM

why don't you ask your husband who Julian and Tyra are?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM
He says he doesnt know and will just walk away. He doesnt talk to me when it involves his family

Quoting Foolynroo2:

abecee
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Strange family.  And now you are part of it ...

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't a clue. Maybe there is some sort of dark history every one is avoiding or trying to cover up. I would feel as his wife, he'd WANT to tell you because he trusts you to have no judgement and just be open and honest with you about it. 

Have you ever tried something like ancestory.com? Maybe you could get an idea from there if he's not willing to talk about things. That would drive me crazy.

Foolynroo2
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Well, I guess if you're willing to accept that type of behavior, then you will never know.

Good luck, I don't think I could be with someone like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

He says he doesnt know and will just walk away. He doesnt talk to me when it involves his family

Quoting Foolynroo2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Yeah i tried it before and find a bunch of cousins he had close by i never knew about and thats where i found out his brother had 2 daughter and not one dd and one son. His brother confirmed it to me last week when i saw him and his name was totally different as well. I had saw a picture at my FIL house with my BIL picture on it with a football team uniform and it was written steven on it with his last name and it was indeed BIL.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

I haven't a clue. Maybe there is some sort of dark history every one is avoiding or trying to cover up. I would feel as his wife, he'd WANT to tell you because he trusts you to have no judgement and just be open and honest with you about it. 

Have you ever tried something like ancestory.com? Maybe you could get an idea from there if he's not willing to talk about things. That would drive me crazy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)