Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Memphis baby has genitals cut off during circumcision.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 190 Replies
http://www.fox17.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/memphis-child-has-genital-cut-off-doctors-17522.shtml?wap=0&#.Un-1Z5m9LCQ

Updated: Friday, November 8 2013, 02:51 PM CST Stream Fox 17 newscasts LIVE starting with Fox 17 This Morning at 5 am and News at 9 pm. MEMPHIS, Tenn. (Fox 13)-- A Memphis mother is dealing with heartbreak after taking her three-month-old son in for circumcision surgery. Doctors at Ashton to Christ Community Health Center removed the child's penis instead of just the foreskin. A procedure which is supposed to take 20-minutes took about "three hours" according to Maggie Rhodes, the child's mother. To make matters worse, the injury wasn't discovered until she brought the child home and her sister removed the bandage. According to the Fox 13 Memphis report, staff handed the child back to her and acted like "nothing was wrong," adding "It took them about three hours...so my baby screamed the whole three hours...even when they gave him back to us, he was still screaming." Maggie Rhodes has hired an attorney and is pursuing a malpractice lawsuit. Her child will have reconstructive surgery next year. For more on this story see Fox 13 Memphis' report: HERE Follow us on Twitter @wztv_fox17 and LIKE us on Facebook for updates.

Read More at: http://www.fox17.com/news/features/top-stories/stories/memphis-child-has-genital-cut-off-doctors-17522.shtml?wap=0&#.Un-1vJm9LCR

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dblhlx
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Omg how awful!!!
KennyPooPoo22
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:39 AM
3 moms liked this
How the fuck? Did they reattach it?
IncognitoOne
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Oh my gah!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
17 moms liked this

Completely awful for the baby but It has nothing to do with the procedure (for those who will push this as another reason not to circumcise).  This was malpractice and complete negligence on part of the doctor. Mistakes can and will happen with ANY procedure. It does not mean it shouldnt be done. Both of my sons had it done at 3 days old. Both were brought back to me quiet and content...there was no screaming.  

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Awful. That brought tears to my eyes.
firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
poor baby
TheDoctorsWife
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
How the fuck did that happen!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Nope :(

Quoting KennyPooPoo22:

How the fuck? Did they reattach it?

TrouserMouse
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM
15 moms liked this
Actually, weighing in on potential risks is what every parent should do to decide if they want it done or not. Potential damage to the penis is a perfectly good reason to not do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Completely awful for the baby but It has nothing to do with the procedure (for those who will push this as another reason not to circumcise).  This was malpractice and complete negligence on part of the doctor. Mistakes can and will happen with ANY procedure. It does not mean it shouldnt be done. Both of my sons had it done at 3 days old. Both were brought back to me quiet and content...there was no screaming.  

firespurity
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Actually malpractice risk is differing to consider with any medical procedure. Complications should also be considered, even though they aren't common and none are predicted.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)