Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has an airline ever lost your bag?

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM
  • 53 Replies
I had a direct flight from Denver to San Jose on southwest. My boyfriend checked out bags his came and mine didn't. It's so strange because it was a direct flight and ours were checked together.

They said they didn't know where my bag went and thought maybe it could come on another flight.

I'm bummed I totally overpacked so that bag has everything in it. Had anyone ever had their bag lost? How long did it take to get it back? What's the process if they can't find it? They were going to call me after te next flight from Denver came in so I'm waiting anxious.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:45 PM
Yep but it wasn't bc it didn't make the flight. It was bc someone else picked it up at baggage claim. It was a hassle but the person did being the bag back and the airline delivered it to my house.
SusanD
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:48 PM
All the time.....usually it shows up. A couple of times it hasn't And they didn't give me what it was worth.
.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I'm so nervous! Especially because they said they couldn't give me any information and were super confused why it wasn't there. Just take this form and they will call in a few hours hopefully.

Quoting KelliansMom:

Yep but it wasn't bc it didn't make the flight. It was bc someone else picked it up at baggage claim. It was a hassle but the person did being the bag back and the airline delivered it to my house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Are you shitting me? Girl- you can't do anything can you?! Lmao.

Damn that sucks!
EmmeBee
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM

My sister did but they delivered it to the door the next day.  I never check bags!

.betty.white.
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I travel so much this has never ever happened to me! I didn't think it actually really happened anymore with the technology.

Quoting SusanD:

All the time.....usually it shows up. A couple of times it hasn't And they didn't give me what it was worth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BEXi
by BEXi on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM

That sucks. Its never happened to me though. I hope they find it!!

KelliansMom
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Two that's what they did with our bag. But it was found and then the person that delivered it has a GPS thing so we could also track their every movement.

Quoting .betty.white.:

I'm so nervous! Especially because they said they couldn't give me any information and were super confused why it wasn't there. Just take this form and they will call in a few hours hopefully.

Quoting KelliansMom:

cybcm
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Yeah, when we went to Thailand one of the kids bags went to Sydney instead of Melbourne on the trip home. The airline couriered it to our house within the week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured