Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could never marry a man with children.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just couldn't do it... No no no.

Props to those who can! Reading these posts on here I would loose my damn mind. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM

They would be doing her a favor, who wants a man who can't stand children that aren't his own? She's doing the same thing, leaving the men with children to find a woman who can love their kids unconditionally. She KNOWS that she cannot and makes the mature choice. Why don't people get that there's literally nothing to be offended by?

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope all the men you become interested in feel the same way about you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I never could either. I was single for a long time because of my stance on this. I thought I didn't deserve anyone because how could I expect a guy to date me and accept my child if I couldn't do the same? Luckily, I found a great guy with no kids that loves mine.
Grumpy.Cat
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I would only if the mother wasn't involved. Most of the problems with step-families seem to involve conflict between bio and step parents.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I would but only a widower, not a divorced man (because marrying a divorced person goes against my faith)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Its silly to write people off for something that has no relation to their personality.

Quoting crackerjack728:

Thats silly. Everyone has their own standards.

Quoting Anonymous:

paulswifey11
by TashaL on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
That's mean and immature but you saying that you won't date a man who has kids wasnt?

Quoting Anonymous:

/that's really mean and immature. 

Quoting Anonymous:

JulieSantee
by Bronze Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I had absolutely NO desire to marry man who had been divorced or had kids.  As a single, childless woman, I wanted a man that was the same.  The I met the right man, and all that didn't matter. He's both divorced and has children, yet he's the perfect man for me. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I'd never have anything to do with a man with kids. No desire to deal with that drama.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Me either!!! Tried dating a guy with kids, what a nightmare!!! I know people think its a big deal since we usually have kids as well but I think its different
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Whos offended?

Quoting Anonymous:

They would be doing her a favor, who wants a man who can't stand children that aren't his own? She's doing the same thing, leaving the men with children to find a woman who can love their kids unconditionally. She KNOWS that she cannot and makes the mature choice. Why don't people get that there's literally nothing to be offended by?

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)