Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I could never marry a man with children.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I just couldn't do it... No no no.

Props to those who can! Reading these posts on here I would loose my damn mind. 

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Same here! I wouldn't even look twice at men with kids when I was dating. I'm simply not interested in any of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crackerjack728
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Im sorry but this is twisted.

Quoting littlesheep:

His kids were a big reason I decided to marry my husband in the first place. I love him but I love my stepchildren more.

It was the same way in my last marriage. Although, the dynamics were different because they were much older.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM

If my husband had ten children(as long as he was in there lives and taking care of them) I wouldn't have felt any different. It turns out that my husband has no children and I had two children when we met but it wouldn't have mattered. He helped me raise my children and we never had children together.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
My kids father isn't involved, so no drama here.

Quoting Anonymous:

How? There are crazy baby daddies out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

Me either!!! Tried dating a guy with kids, what a nightmare!!! I know people think its a big deal since we usually have kids as well but I think its different

paulswifey11
by TashaL on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:02 PM
So different. She's expecting a single man with no kids to deal I'm love with her when she has kids but she refuses to give a man a chance because he has kids.

Quoting crackerjack728:

There is no double stamdard. Every persn is different and should keep their standards whete they feel comfortable. I would never feel comfortable dating a short guy, however my husband likes short women. Its not a double standard. ....we're different people with different needs.

Quoting paulswifey11:

That's not silly. She's expecting double standards.

Quoting crackerjack728:

Thats silly. Everyone has their own standards.

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope all the men you become interested in feel the same way about you.

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I couldn't either. Too much drama. My daughter father isn't involved in her life so there isn't any drama that comes with. No child support,no father no problems. 

littlesheep
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Tell me then, do you love your husband more than your babies? Are you the primary caregiver for a stepchild or an adopted child?

Quoting crackerjack728:

Im sorry but this is twisted.

Quoting littlesheep:

His kids were a big reason I decided to marry my husband in the first place. I love him but I love my stepchildren more.

It was the same way in my last marriage. Although, the dynamics were different because they were much older.

paulswifey11
by TashaL on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
You are being childish and pretty by judging a man and not evrb trying to think about giving him a chance because he has kids. Why shouldn't you get the same thing?

Quoting Anonymous:

Because I'm not saying anything mean towards anybody, I'm not wishing anything on anybody.. I give props to those who can make it work... She's being petty and childish.

Quoting paulswifey11:

That's mean and immature but you saying that you won't date a man who has kids wasnt?

Quoting Anonymous:

/that's really mean and immature. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Hahahaha no I'm not... When did I EVER say that? I didn't....

I am married, but if something were to happen I wouldn't go looking for somebody who also has children.... That's all I said.

Quoting paulswifey11:

So different. She's expecting a single man with no kids to deal I'm love with her when she has kids but she refuses to give a man a chance because he has kids.

Quoting crackerjack728:

There is no double stamdard. Every persn is different and should keep their standards whete they feel comfortable. I would never feel comfortable dating a short guy, however my husband likes short women. Its not a double standard. ....we're different people with different needs.

Quoting paulswifey11:

That's not silly. She's expecting double standards.

Quoting crackerjack728:

Thats silly. Everyone has their own standards.

Quoting Anonymous:

jb0520
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
I totally agree
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)