Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

vegetarian moms get in here!

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
  • 80 Replies

So meat is expensive.  For 2 smallish porkchops, it costs me $6.   Chicken is $10 for 2 skinless boneless breasts.  Steak even more.

Not a biggy, but ds hates it.  It is so difficult getting him to eat meat, he gags on it.  Something about the texture.

I am getting sick of spending a small fortune for food ds refuses to eat.  And I am getting sick of trying to force him to eat something he clearly hates.  Mommy Dearest comes to mind...

So veggie nomers....  Are there any kid friendly recipes you like that is not too hard to make and has vitimins (protein ect)?

Help a mom out!

JE ME SOUVIENS

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jb0520
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Bump. I'll post a few later
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:08 PM

thanks!

Quoting jb0520:

Bump. I'll post a few later

JE ME SOUVIENS

tardistraveller
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM

BUMP!

maddiesmommy5
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Will he drink a fruit smoothie? Sneak kale into it. If you use berries nobody will be the wiser:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM
What does he like? For protein you're looking at eggs, dairy, beans, nuts, and soy like tofu for the most part. My kids love soup so I often make bean soups like black bean or lentil or soups with beans blended in like butternut soup with a can of blended cannellini beans added.

Better Than Peanut Butter And Jelly is a really good book for veggie friendly kid recipes.
tardistraveller
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

He likes veggies of ANY type, chickpeas he loves, lentils, eggs, tofu I think he might like but I'm not sure what to do with it.

Quoting Anonymous:

What does he like? For protein you're looking at eggs, dairy, beans, nuts, and soy like tofu for the most part. My kids love soup so I often make bean soups like black bean or lentil or soups with beans blended in like butternut soup with a can of blended cannellini beans added.

Better Than Peanut Butter And Jelly is a really good book for veggie friendly kid recipes.

JE ME SOUVIENS

tardistraveller
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

he will, but I need recipes for dinner.

Quoting maddiesmommy5:

Will he drink a fruit smoothie? Sneak kale into it. If you use berries nobody will be the wiser:)

JE ME SOUVIENS

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Will he eat fish? Eggs?

goddess99
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Will he eat eggs, cheese, drink milk? Make pasta, mashed potatoes and gravy, roasted potatoes, carrots, parsnips, rice, fruit, there's plenty to eat, it's just what will he try and enjoy..?

Redwoods_Mama
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Sweet potato and black bean chili.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)