Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mexicans & their kids.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
Okay, first of all I'm a Mexican American myself. So I'm not being racist, I just needed a good title:) Well we went to eat Chinese today for lunch & we couldn't even enjoy ourselves. We were seated next to and behind two different families. Both had around 4 children.

The ones beside us had a little girl around the age of 3, that little girl was everywhere. She would run off out of sight, her parents didn't even mention her til a good 10 minutes later. The mom was on her phone the whole time and the dad was eating. The little girl was running in to people and sitting with other families, picking at their plates.

The ones behind us had a boy who was around 5 or 6 and he would NOT leave us alone. He kept throwing things at us and would stand up in his seat and literally stare at us. His parents NEVER told him to leave us
alone

I understand it's hard to keep young children entertained the whole time (I have a 3 & 4 year old), but I would NEVER let my daughters wander off without supervision. If my daughters want to say hello to people then that's fine, but to let them bother people while they are eating is a big NO NO!

What do y'all think about parents that pay no attention to their children in stores or restraurants?
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:10 PM
So this is something exclusive to Mexican Americans?
thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

lol

Quoting Anonymous:

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:11 PM

were they white trash? LOL

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM
No! Lol They were both Mexican families but I've seen this happen with families of all races as well.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:12 PM
1 mom liked this

No she sais she needed a catchy title..

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM
No, they were Mexicans. I told my SO "Its people like them that give us Mexicans a bad name." Lol

Quoting thetrollcat:

were they white trash? LOL

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM
1 mom liked this

So they were mexican? It's poor parenting not a race thing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I would approach the parents and tell them to please pay attention to their child before they get hurt. I would let them know that it was not my job to entertain or babysit their child.  I would also complain to management about the family and the disruptions and ask them to either comp my meal or ask the heathen family to leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I pay for my food i should be able to eat it in peace. If my children act out at a restaurant they get punished..

maureen813
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 7:15 PM
This is very poor parenting, no matter what the families ethnicity.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)