Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What if she said this to you....

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
  • 137 Replies

So today I was at my sons basketball game (he is 9 and has aspergers) he loves playing sports but is super shy and hates being around alot of people. He isn't very quick in movement when it comes to sports and is clumsy, and really doesn't like when the other players touch him. Well today he had the ball and a kid from the other team ripped it off of him and he fell on the ground, he started to have a tantrum so the coach pulled him out of the game til he could get calmed down. I heard a mother from the other team that was sitting not too far from me, my ex and my bf say "That kid shouldn't be playing basketball, he clearly has something wrong with him and can't even handle someone taking the ball off of him, that poor coach has to put up with him." OMG I nearly flipped out I wanted to go and punch her out, luckily my ex and bf were there to hold me back. If I ever see her again oh boy...

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulumomof2
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

I probably would have had to ahve a few words with her. Probably wouldn't have ended well (for her).

EmilyD83
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:56 PM
40 moms liked this
He doesn't like being around a lot of people and freaks out when the other kids touch him? It sounds like he probably shouldn't be playing. That's going to happen every single game.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:57 PM
10 moms liked this

Basketball is a contact sport. If your son doesn't like people touching him then this is not the game for him.

nursemommy6
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:58 PM

I know and he understands that but loves the game and wants to continue to play

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Basketball is a contact sport. If your son doesn't like people touching him then this is not the game for him.

kristen0812
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
I would've flipped my shit on her. I will say though your son probably shouldn't be playing basketball, it's a contact sport. You should look into another sport.
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Nov. 10, 2013 at 8:59 PM
9 moms liked this

Well your choice but you are going to have to work with him on the contact from other kids. It is not fair to everyone else playing and the coaches if he has a meltdown on the floor every game.

Quoting nursemommy6:

I know and he understands that but loves the game and wants to continue to play

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
Id have thought the same. Sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM
3 moms liked this
She's right. If he can't handle kids taking the ball then he shouldn't be playing basketball. Something with less contact would suit him better, maybe baseball.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I'm a bitch, so I would have gone off on her.. Did you say anything?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN