Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If you've been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. . .edit

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
  • 51 Replies

What were some of your symptoms? What made you go seek help from a doctor. . .and how do you handle it?

Lately I've been struggling with this stupid fear. . .almost to the point of panic.  I'm at the point I am beginning to wonder if there is something more to it then just a regular fear. . .

EDIT:

Thank y'all for your input (& I would love to hear more answers). I haven't had a panic attack really but I do find myself worrying a lot about it. I am terrifed of getting a stomach virus or my kids getting it.  I'm also terrifed of food poisioning. I throw out food if it's even close to the best buy date. . .i hate going out to eat anymore. If I read about people being sick or hear people talking about it I get real anxious. .. afraid we will get it.  I'm terrified of throwing up (i don't even like to type it out. . .or hear the words)

It's a new issue to be honest. I was a CNA for years and dealt with a lot of sickness and it never bothered me. . now suddenly i'm freaked out by it. 

by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
What kind of fear? Have you prayed on it? You should make an appointment with a dr.
imakehimscream
by He screams on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
My heart races and I feel like I cannot breath. I have one every night.
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Oh man, where do I start..pounding heart, feeling like I'm going to crawl out of my skin, paranoid, constant head spinning. I take meds. Hugs mama. 

USMCWifey2011
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:46 PM
I had my son they diagnosed me with ppd.. then I went to a counselor she diagnosed me with an anxiety/ panic disorder
Bonnie2HisCLYDE
by on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:48 PM
My husband had this issue. He was given this herbal med said to help calm the nerves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM

This fear of getting sick. . .like. . .stomach virus sick. I hate even reading about it. . .when people post on facebook they have it or their kids do I just get so nervous we will get it. It's so silly. I was a CNA for many years, I dealt with that kind of stuff all the time and never blinked an eye but suddenly I'm terrifed of it or of my kids getting sick.

I have prayed about it. . .and it helps calm me . ..but then i read another status or read somethign on here and it flips me out *sigh*

Quoting Anonymous:

What kind of fear? Have you prayed on it? You should make an appointment with a dr.

momma_sam
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I've dealt with frequent crying. Getting nervous. Racing thoughts. Have had chest pains. When I get truly nervous about something I will actually get to the point where I voice my concerns to my dh.a lot. Will question him up and down over whatever it is that I'm worried about. I kind of irritate him with it when my anxiety kicks in.
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Racing thoughts, shortness of breath, tight chest and fear of being watched or followed
kellysparkles
by Platinum Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I've had anxiety since I was a teen, diagnosed with GAD when I was 17.  

After I had my daughter (in January) I noticed something wasn't right and after talking to my doctor and a therapist we discovered I had postpartum anxiety and OCD.  

With my PPA I suffered from (and still do a little) intrusive thoughts..those are the worst..and I was always paranoid.  I was scared to leave home because I was convinced people were going to try to kidnap DD.  If you want to PM me you're more than welcome to.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 10, 2013 at 9:55 PM
There are tons of different reactions you can have...worrying too much, feeling like you're gonna die, feeling like you're gonna have a heart attack, the thought of going in public alone scares you, feeling like you can't breath. Anxiety is very common and more people have it then you could even imagine (including me)...having a lot of stress, change in your life and something happening, such as a death, etc can cause it to trigger.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)