Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't think these parenting methods really matter UPDATED...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 496 Replies
260 moms liked this

When it is all behind us no one is going to know or care about who was breastfed, who co-slept, who was on a schedule or who ate organically and wore cloth diapers.  I have never once been asked if my mother had me via c-section or vaginally.  

What will matter is how your kids treat others, their morals, work ethic, independence (or lack there of it).

All you mothers who come on here and put down other people's parenting styles really strike me as narcissists.  There are numerous paths to being a successful mother.  You do not need volumes of scientific studies to prove your parenting methodology.  All you need is it to work for your child and family.

Plus we are all works in progress.

So there...

UPDATE – I’ve been out all day celebrating Veteran’s day with my husband but I read all posts.   Thank you to those who liked, posted something positive, tried to clairify or at least said something intelligent.   You were clearly the majority.  To the other small handful of mothers who just can’t let things drop I say this to you:  In my OP I mention morals and the treatment of others.  If you can’t respect the way a stranger feeds or puts their baby to sleep, something that has zero impact on you or your family, then how do you expect your children to grow up to respect other people?  I never said people should take the easy or lazy way out.  But what may seem lazy to you may be something that is clearly thought out by me.

Thanks for reading,

with love ;)

2Gs.

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM
70 moms liked this
Stop being so completely reasonable. Its annoying ;)
pce68
by Patti on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh this should be interesting.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
5 moms liked this

popcorn

Freela
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
6 moms liked this

Isn't teaching them all those values, how to treat others, morals, work ethic, how to be independent, etc. what parenting is supposed to be for?  I agree there are different roads to get there so take the one that works for you, but I thought that was the whole point!

Sj218
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM
17 moms liked this
Omg! There is a smart Anonymous amongst us!
littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
10 moms liked this

Girl, you have a lot of common sense...you should know it ain't that common.

csxt99
by Jennifer on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
2 moms liked this

Truly frightening, isn't it?

Quoting Sj218:

Omg! There is a smart Anonymous amongst us!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
6 moms liked this

I know about my mom's labor and my birth, I know I was cloth diapered, I also asked her if she breastfed me and for how long.

Mrs_Nelson
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2013 at 11:59 PM
11 moms liked this
I agree with your post 100% and would like to add that aside from one excellent mother I know who is genuine in her advice the sanctimonious women who have perfect kids are the ones who are clueless about what their kids are really up to until they come home pregnant or get arrested for underage parties etc. They always claim they had no idea etc. They don't understand that the teens lie to them all the time. Is sad.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM
40 moms liked this

And do you put that on your resume?  Is that why your husband married you?

Quoting Anonymous:

I know about my mom's labor and my birth, I know I was cloth diapered, I also asked her if she breastfed me and for how long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured