Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

why wont my newborn sleep through the night

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
  • 420 Replies
40 moms liked this
I hear so many people complain about how their babys wont sleep through the night and how tired they are. Ugh what did you think was going to happen when you became a mom? Babys wake up every few hours to eat and you're going to lose sleep thats part of being a mom.

Then of couse there are the idiots who mix rice cereal with fomula when the babys like 2 months to help them sleep through the night.

Sorry rant over lol...i saw a post on here a little while ago from a mom saying she needed help to get her 2 month old to sleep through the night. All i could think was wtf you're a mom your going to lose sleep get over it.

Wow i didn't expect for this to be in the top convos lol

But i would like to add that when i was talking about people adding rice cereal to the bottles....if the doctor told you to for some reason thats different. Im talking about the peoeple who do it for the sole purpose of trying to get the baby to sleep through the night.

I had to give DS cereal when he was 7 weeks (the doctor told me to) DS was projecal vomiting it was really bad he wasnt keeping anything down. Mixed his bottles for like half a day and his vomitting got worse so i took him back to the dr, he then sent me to the ER to get an xray done on DS. Turns out it was pyloric stenosis and had to have surgery. DS is now 5 months and only has normal baby spit up.

ETA ok grammar police lol yes there are typos, spelling, and grammar mistakes get over it. I was never really great with spelling and grammar as you can tell lol
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sam12796
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM

I hear you. My oldest did not sleep a solid 6 hours until she was 6 months old. My youngest woke up a lot. She continued to wake up twice a night for a sip of water until she was 2. Finally by 3 she would not wake until morning. I never complained.

nicoal4
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
6 moms liked this

Lol that title annoyed me. I almost posted because it has adhd ALREADY , hurry medicate ..lol

LadyBugMom09
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM
5 moms liked this
My DD didn't start sleeping through the night till 5 mo, DS at 7 mo, and my 7 week old still wakes up every 2-3 hours. I accept it's part of the job, but i do complain about being tired... lol... ;)
AnnaBright
by Gold Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:12 AM
Don't know all but 1 of my 4 slept 8hrs by 2 weeks and the only one not ebf was one of them
baquick
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:13 AM
5 moms liked this
I was about to answer this post "cause that's what newborns do. Sleep all day and awake all night" lol.
Tooth_Inspector
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
My first and third girls started sleeping through the night pretty quickly. My middle daughter on the other hand, it was like a year!! Lol she tested me the most as a baby.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this
Umm Naeem is 6 & does not sleep through the night. Lol. I hit the jack pot :/
wolfybaby
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
3 moms liked this

my 2 year old still doesnt sleep through the night.

kristen0812
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM
1 mom liked this
I never minded my girls getting up, of course I was exhausted but it was special alone time for us. They slept through the night really soon though, my oldest was 4 weeks and my youngest was 7 weeks.
Mel0dy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

lol i agree 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN