Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How do I breathe???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 42 Replies
Dh and I have been married for 3 years. Before we got married he got into a really bad accident. We were in different states at the time. I rushed back to be with him and took care of him. I was 6 months pregnant with our first. 2 months later we got married. Everything was going great or so I thought. Dh started getting abusive. Its like a switch was flipped and afterward it was flipped off. He would never remember what happened or what he did. He would always apologize and say it would never happen again but it always did and always the same. He wouldn't remember doing anything or sayin anything. For two years this went on. Its been almost a year since the last time. I'm so afraid it will happen again. Several times I have nearly taken the kids and left. Each time I believed that it would never happen again and would make up some reason I shouldn't leave.

I want to be happy again. I want to live without fear of if he will hit me again and once again not remember. I want a relationship where I can trust that I won't be hurt. I want to leave but I can't seem to do it. I have found someone who makes me happy and is willing to wait until I am truly ready before we have a relationship. I am truly greatful for his friendship.

How do I get past my guilt of wanting to leave and be happy? How do I trust him after all this? I guess I just needed to vent.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 1:50 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:47 AM

You need to brace yourself for any possible fall out, get any papers of custody/support for children lined up and filled out to file when you leave.  Have the doctors determined this behavior is due to the accident or not?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:50 AM

blank stare

3MusketeerMama
by EmmaRye Pie on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:51 AM

So is your husband's behavior related to his accident from head trauma? Why are you in another emotional relationship before even leaving your husband? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:51 AM
He won't see a doctor for it. He doesn't want to be told he has a problem. He has always had a quick temper because of his parents. But I just figured that out last month

Quoting Anonymous:

You need to brace yourself for any possible fall out, get any papers of custody/support for children lined up and filled out to file when you leave.  Have the doctors determined this behavior is due to the accident or not?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:52 AM
1 mom liked this

So let me ask you something. Would you say I was a loving caring mom if now and then I lost it and beat my children? Or are you saying that adults that are abused deserve it?

thetrollcat
by Meow on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:52 AM

How does one justify being abused is love?

LaughCryLive
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 2:52 AM
This can happen with a tbi. It damages the part of the brain that controls anger and impulse control. Has he seen a doctor recently? Maybe medication could help. I don't know much more though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)