Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hello mommies to be quick question :)!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Hello mommies to be,

I wonder if any of you lucky girls conceived your baby by having sex 4 days before your ovulation. I know that in order to increase one's chances of getting pregnant, one should have sex more then once during most fertile period. However, in my case, I had unprotected sex with my hubby 4 days before ovulation only. (I'm charting, observing CM and OPK). Did any of you happen to get pregnant from having an intercourse so far in advance before your big O? Please, share!
Thank you!
P.S. I am familiar with the gender swaying method when you deliberately plan when to have sex to increase your chances of the desired gender. With a girl, you are advised to try a few days before your ovulation. Was it true for any of you?

Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:24 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:25 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM

we had sex a few days before, and, well never mind that is TMI but we did it and are having a girl.

etsmom
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM

I never count my cycle days because I have miscarried enough times to know that getting pregnant and staying pregnant are two different issues for my body. My sister did once and she has a healthy baby girl. My kids were both conceived after an extended stay in Hawaii and eating noni fruit. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but it worked twice. 

coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:27 AM
It didn't with us...we actually conceived on an ovulated day (now 18 weeks pregnant) but it also took us over 2.5 years to conceive with this baby. I also charted, made sure to BD on days before & of ovulation, & took St.John's wort, which is what helped us, I think.
But GL! Btw...wondering...what sex are y'all aiming for? :) a boy or a girl??
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:29 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't really care boy or girl I'll be so happy ❤️❤️❤️❤️ :)!!!

Quoting coliemamiof2:

It didn't with us...we actually conceived on an ovulated day (now 18 weeks pregnant) but it also took us over 2.5 years to conceive with this baby. I also charted, made sure to BD on days before & of ovulation, & took St.John's wort, which is what helped us, I think.

coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Well, I wish you the very best & hope you get a bfp before your next cycle!! :) sending you good vibes & baby dust! :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting coliemamiof2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:35 AM
2 moms liked this
I just got my bfp.
Honestly....we just had sex a LOT. We had so much sex that my normally giddy husband was like.....can we stop now?!
I never really had a positive opk, nor did I observe CM. I think I O'd on the 25th. I was beginning to think that maybe I didn't ovukate at all since I had my iud removed earlier last month.
So I don't think I am much help as far as not having sex lol
Tbh I don't think I would rely on waiting so many days during your fertile period. I would rather do every other day at the very least....
GL!! Hope you get your bfp soon:)
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Thanks so much ❤️😊

Quoting coliemamiof2:

Well, I wish you the very best & hope you get a bfp before your next cycle!! :) sending you good vibes & baby dust! :D

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting coliemamiof2:

coliemamiof2
by Bronze Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Your welcome! :)
& let us know if it sticks! (that would be exciting!!)
Is this your first time ttc??

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks so much ❤️😊

Quoting coliemamiof2:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting coliemamiof2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)