Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

is this a wrong reason to adopt ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
DH and I both want a daughter . We already have a son but he thinks he can't produce girls because he has 4 brothers and 3 nephews and only one niece so he wants to adopt so he can be sure he gets a girl.

is it selfish of me to not want to? I want a girl too but I want our own biological kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:05 AM
No, but if you don't want to adopt a child you should not.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:44 AM
I don't think it's a wrong reason. I want a girl too but I have this feeling that I'm destined to have three boys. I would love to adopt a little girl, preferably 2-3 years old. My DH is like you and wants a biological daughter.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM
You saying that you really want your own biological kids tells me that you shouldn't adopt. Some people aren't cut out for it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM
I don't think any reason is a bad reason to adopt... But get ready for a long long wait and possible false starts.
luckythreemom
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Probably.....yes
SpnFulOfSugar
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM
I agree with this

Quoting LilysMama719:

You saying that you really want your own biological kids tells me that you shouldn't adopt. Some people aren't cut out for it.

Proud2bamomma
by Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:51 AM

If you only have one kid now I think the first step is to figure out how many you want to have in the end. If your number is only two you have to be prepared that the next kid might be a boy and if youre ok with that, and wont be upset that it isnt a girl Id say skip the adoption. If you are like some families who have lots of kids then you should decide how many youll have before giving up on the whole girl thing if it never happens. Adopting isnt for everyone. You have to be able to love another womans child as if he/she is your own. If you cant offer that to a child I wouldnt go through that.

bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Neither of you are wrong or selfish but you need to get on the same page before you go any further.
bleumonster
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM
I agree with this.

Quoting Proud2bamomma:

If you only have one kid now I think the first step is to figure out how many you want to have in the end. If your number is only two you have to be prepared that the next kid might be a boy and if youre ok with that, and wont be upset that it isnt a girl Id say skip the adoption. If you are like some families who have lots of kids then you should decide how many youll have before giving up on the whole girl thing if it never happens. Adopting isnt for everyone. You have to be able to love another womans child as if he/she is your own. If you cant offer that to a child I wouldnt go through that.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Honestly I think it is wrong.  Go through ivf and test the embroys to out in girls

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)