Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MAJOR Mom Fail last Night!- Better Call CPS!

Posted by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM
  • 142 Replies

I decided to make hot dogs for my kids last night (I know, really healthy).
So, I put them in the pot, turned it on to to high and walked away.
My kids know better than to touch it, right?

WRONG!
All of a sudden, my three year old SCREAMS.
I jump up, and there she is, holding her hand.
She had put her fingers into the coil on the hot burner.
I held it with a cool, wet paper towel for a minute, then put some aloe vera gel on it to help with the sting and held my baby girl for a few minutes, cuddling her, blowing lightly on her three injured fingers.
I feel like such a failure.

I should have known that she would touch the stove.
Santimommy would have put a gate all around her kitchen to prevent such a horrible tragedy from happening.

So, someone call CPS on me so that my abused and neglected children can be taken to a new family.

- the end parts are sarcasm, for those of you who don't understand.
I do feel guilty, but it was an accident and I don't feel, of course, that my kids should be taken away.

by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VicVinegar
by Silver Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:29 AM
1 mom liked this

Lol! I'm not laughing at your dd but YOU are hilarious! 

Don't worry I'm sure cps will place your kids in a much more loving environment;)

paulswifey11
by TashaL on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Dd did the exact same thing about 6 months ago. I felt like shit until it healed. Accidents happen momma. I'm sure if I sit and think about it each one of my kids have injured themselves badly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:33 AM

My did did that right in FRONT of me....she saw the red burner, went to look at it, and half a sec later, her two fingers were on it touching it...

myempyreofdirt
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:40 AM
It happens even to the most vigilant parents. Unfortunately, kids often need those experiences to fully understand what it means when mommy says something is dangerous. Doesn't make it any easier for mom though.

My step brother once put a butter knife in a light socket. He is now a successful father of two. :)
Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Right! LOL

And  they would have a fight- from my kids as well as me- if they even tried to take them away.
My kids may tell me they hate me (the life of a mom!) but they know that I love them, and I know that they love me.
In fact, when they do say the dreaded words, I just tell them, "That's okay, because I still love you."

Quoting VicVinegar:

Lol! I'm not laughing at your dd but YOU are hilarious! 

Don't worry I'm sure cps will place your kids in a much more loving environment;)

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM

Yeah, my DSD calls me the doctor when one of them gets hurt.
I take care of all the hurts, for all three of them.
DSD (she's the only one old enough to really realize it, DD is 3 and DS is 4) is really grateful that I keep a cool head until the crisis is averted.
LOL

Quoting paulswifey11:

Dd did the exact same thing about 6 months ago. I felt like shit until it healed. Accidents happen momma. I'm sure if I sit and think about it each one of my kids have injured themselves badly.

gwebkeijmmm
by Ruby Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this
On the plus side, she probably won't be doing that again, right?
TatyBear
by on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM
At 2 my DD.who had never had an interest in the stove, reached up and stuck 4 fingers in the hot pan of cooking Bacon. And I was standing right there.

I was at the stove and she just walked up and it happened so fast. She has never stood by the stove again after that.

Now she is 11 1/2 and cooks by herself, but.for years after that she wanted no part.in the stove.on or not.

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:48 AM

She has been so interested in hot things lately, I really should have seen it coming.
When I plug in any appliance (crock pot, sandwich maker...) she has to feel it. Usually, though, she touches them when they haven't had a chance to get very warm yet.
When I take a bath (I like my water HOT) she has to feel it.
I think, this time, she might have learned her lesson, though.
Fingers crossed!

Quoting Anonymous:

My did did that right in FRONT of me....she saw the red burner, went to look at it, and half a sec later, her two fingers were on it touching it...

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Nov. 11, 2013 at 8:50 AM

Gah! Luckily my kids haven't gotten interested in outlets yet.
My step brother pulled a boiling pot of spaghetti onto of himself at two years old.
I wound up in his crotch area and he has burn scars there now.
I know that he was very shy with girls as a teen and young man because of it.
Now, he is a successful father of one.
LOL.

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

It happens even to the most vigilant parents. Unfortunately, kids often need those experiences to fully understand what it means when mommy says something is dangerous. Doesn't make it any easier for mom though.

My step brother once put a butter knife in a light socket. He is now a successful father of two. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured